I'm Sorry Baby Part 2 - Happy

"You ready to head out?" Happy asked as he walked over. I nodded and he held his hand out to me. I took it and he led me over to his bike.

"The diner okay for dinner? I've kinda been living here at the clubhouse," he said.

"Yea of course it is Hap," I said. "Why're you living here tho?"

He just chuckled as he got on his bike. I got on behind him and he started it without answering me.

The ride out to the diner was pretty short. But any ride would be with the way Happy drives.

When Happy and I arrived, he wasted no time leading me inside and to a booth.

"To answer your question, I don't have an old lady, and Clay enjoys having the help at the clubhouse around the clock."

I nodded a little. "Guess that makes sense, but seriously? No old lady?"

"Not yet," he said. He smirked at me and I narrowed my gaze a little.

"What's that mean?" I asked.

He laughed at me as a waitress approached and took our drink orders.

"What's good here?" I asked.

"Everything," he said.

I laughed some, I think more from nerves than anything else. "You must eat here just about every day?"

"Just when Gemma doesn't cook," he said.

I smiled a little. I remembered the rumors of Gemma Teller Morrow. She was the gold standard for old ladies in their world.

"Have you ever thought about moving?"

"What?"

"Sorry that was forward."

"A little," I said. "But I thought about it when I first came down here looking for Kozik."

He nodded. "Could I maybe convince you to move anyways? I'll help you find a job and the clubs got a nanny, so I can get her to take Ellie when she's got Jax's boys."

"Jax has kids?" I asked. "Like a second boy, other than Abel?"

"Him and Tara had a little boy named Thomas," he said. 

"You still don't have kids?"

"No," he said. "Not yet."

"Oh what's that supposed to mean?"

He shook his head as the waitress returned with our drinks and we ordered our dinner.

"She has a thing for you," I said.

"I know," he said, rolling his eyes. "I am not interested, don't worry."

"I wasn't too worried," I said. "But Hap, can I be blunt?"

"Always," he said. He always ways so I don't know why I felt the need to ask.

"It feels like you're interested in me, like dating me," I said.

"I am baby," he said. "Still observant as always."

"Thanks. Being a mom has heightened that," I said. "Damn I miss Ellie. I haven't ever been away from her this long."

"I bet," he said. "I'm sorry it's hard for you."

"It's, it's okay." I wiped my eyes a little. "I'm gonna go home tomorrow anyways."

"Tomorrow?"

"I gotta get home to her Hap."

"And I'll go with you," he said. "I'd love to meet her."

I agreed that I was looking forward to that too.

"Hey I know you won't cage your colors but-."

"No," he said. "I'm not riding up there with you. I've gotta have my bike in case Tacoma needs me."

"I know. Just didn't want to drive all the way back up there."

He chuckled. "I bet not. It's a long haul."

"But so worth it," I said, smiling at him. He didn't smile back but his eyes lit up just a little when I said it.

Our food was brought to us and we started eating which meant a lot less talking. Still, we managed to catch up on the last few years as we ate.