The Philosophers Stone: Part 16

[The three are walking up a staircase in the Grand Staircase tower. A railing pulls in, Hermione looks, but continues walking.]

Everyone sighs knowing that the stair case is about to move which is going to throw them all off.

Ron: I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do.
Hazel: Who doesn't?
[The staircase shudders and begins to move. The three grab the railings.]

"That's really sad when you think about it, that others know more about her than she does," A first year ravenclaw says shyly. This makes everyone look down slightly thinking about it.

Ron: Ahh!
[Hermione gasps]
Hazel: What's happening?
Hermione: The staircases change, remember? [The staircase stops, leading to a corridor.]

"Obviously they didn't remeber if she was asking what was happening," Peter says rolling his eyes. The Future Generation all glare slightly at him which doesn't go unnoticed by Remus, Moody, and Lily.

Hazel: [taps Ron] Let's go this way.
Ron: Before the staircase moves again.
[They all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark and deserted corridor.]
Hazel: Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?

"Well usually if a corridor looks really spooky and looks like no was there in years, that should be the clue that you shouldn't be there," Snape says rolling his eyes.

Hermione: We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.

"Of course there luck took them there," Draco says rolling his eyes jokingly.
"Wait- didn't Dumbledore say you would die a painful death if you went there..." Remus says slowly kind of freaked out.
Everyone thinks about that and then starts freaking out as well shouting for them to get out of there. Even little Bill and Charlie not knowing what is happening takes part in the shouting.
"Did they forget we are right here?" Hazel asks her friends.
"Most definitely," Hermione says back as Ron just nods his head.

[Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. The group jumps.]

"I hate that cat," James mutters.
"Can I kick it?" Sirius asks hopefully but gets no answer.

Hazel: Let's go.
[Mrs. Norris meows]
Ron: It's Filch's cat!
Hazel: Run!

"Yes! Run out of there! Run Fast!" Molly shouts.

[The trio run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past. They get to the end of the corridor, to a door.]
Hazel: Quick! Let's hide though that door!
[Hazel grabs the handle, but it's locked.]

"They are dead," Remus says putting his head in his hands dramatically.
"Poor kids, they are going to get caught by Filch," Sirius says also dramatically.

Hazel: It's locked!
Ron: That's it, we're done for!
Hermione: Oh, move over! [pushes through and pulls out her wand, aiming it at the lock] Alohomora. [The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens.] Get in. [They bustle in.]

"You guys are so lucky you have Hermione to save your as-butts," Bellatrix says but stops her cuss word as a shoe get's thrown at her by Molly.

Ron: Alohomora?
Hermione: Standard book of spells, Chapter 7.

"The year just started- and you already made it to chapter 7?!" James and Sirius ask together in shock that someone would read.
"You would to if you picked up a book every once in a while," Remus tells the two of them shaking his head.
"Thank Merlin they are safe," Lily says letting out the breath she was holding.

[Filch arrives at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.]
Filch: Anyone here, my sweet? [Mrs. Norris meows] Come on. [they leave the corridor.]
Hermione: Filch is gone.
Ron: Probably thinks this door's locked.
Hermione: It was locked.

"Just be glad you got away from him," Mary says with a small smile.

Hazel: And for good reason.
[Ron and Hermione turn to stand with Hazel. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing the intruders.]

Everyone is silent for a moment before everyone starts to yell out angrily. Amelia is taking notes about that, that 3 first years were able to get into that room with a standard spell. Also that there is something in the castle that could kill the poor students.
"WHY IS THAT THING IN THE CASTLE!"
"THERE IS A THREE HEADED DOG THERE TO KILL PEOPLE!"
"IS THAT WHAT THEY MEANT ABOUT DYING A PAINFUL DEATH!"
"THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT-THAT THING TO BE THERE!"
"It's actually called a Cerberus."
"SHUT UP BARTY NO ONE CARES WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE SAFTEY OF THREE FIRST YEARS."
"OUR BABIES ARE CLOSE TO DEATH AT THE MOMENT!"
"WHY WOULD YOU KEEP THAT WHERE A SIMPLE SPELL COULD LET THEM INTO THE SAME ROOM!"
"They definitely forgot we are here," Ron says chuckling slightly.
All of a sudden James runs over to Hazel and grabs her and holds her close to him before sitting down making her basically sit on his lap since he was so worried about his little girl.
"That was my first close to death situation at Hogwarts," Hazel says trying to lighten the mood but everyone freezes hearing her.
"What do you mean first time?" Lily asks slowly not entirely sure if she wants to hear the answer.
"I'm sure you will be watching what she means," Hermione says ending all the questions.

All: AHHHHHHH! [The three bolt, running out of the door. They turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. They get the door shut and run.]

A couple of first years scream again not expecting them to scream but then shuts up quickly with a small blush on their face.

[They return to the Gryffindor Common Room. They are breathless.]
Ron: What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school.
Hermione: You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?
Ron: I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three! [they begin to climb the stairs to the dorms.]
Hermione: It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something.

"You just had to say something didn't you," Neville says with a groan.
"Yeah- that one was my bad," Hermione says putting her hand up making everyone laugh.

Hazel: Guarding something?

"And now shes interested," Regulus says rolling his eyes.

Hermione: That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled! [turns and leaves, shutting the door to her dormitory.]

"Hey! I didn't try to get us killed!" Hazel says acting like shes offended but in reality she's trying to not laugh.
"Then why go on all your little danger trips," Luna says back in her dreamy voice.
"Shush-" Hazel says back making everyone laugh.
"Wait- I'm more curious on how getting expelled is worse then being killed?" Remus says looking right at Hermione.
"Uh- no comment," Hermione says with a small smile.

Ron: She needs to sort out her priorities!
[Hazel nods in agreement]

This causes everyone to start laughing.