Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Storm pounded the pavement, getting in her morning run with Cash and Nell running happily along side of her; running was one of the few things she had time to do these days, between working at St. Thomas and tattooing, she hadn't had any time in the last month to be around the club. She rounded the corner, slowing down as she saw a bike parked up behind her truck and a blond haired bike leaning up against it, she pulled her headphones out and smiled.

"Morning, I bought coffee." Kozik said holding out a cup of coffee as she stopped in front of him. "Morning." Storm said taking the coffee from him. "Come on in." Storm said walking towards the house with Kozik quickly following as the dogs were already waiting at the door. She quickly unlocked the door and walked in. "You haven't been around the last few times I've been back so I left you that night at the hospital. So what's the deal?" Kozik asked. "I've just been really busying working, avoiding trouble." Storm answered. "What have you got planned for the rest of the day?" Kozik asked. "I have to go into work." Storm answered as Kozik nodded. "I should let you get ready then. Lock your doors." Kozik told her as he made his way out. Storm waited until she heard his bike start up before heading to the shower knowing that if Kozik was in town that things were going bad with the club...

***

Storm's shift had finished over two hours ago but she was still at the hospital, sitting in a rocking chair in the children's ward holding a little baby boy who had been abandoned and was dying and nothing medically they could do to help him live. His tiny hand grabbed her hand lightly as she held him, wrapped tightly in a white blanket. Storm felt someone's eyes on her and glanced up at the window to the room, seeing Kozik sweet talking a nurse, he noticed her looking and quickly made his way into the room. "What are you doing here except for hitting on the nurses?" Storm asked quietly. "The club is going on lockdown, things are bad Storm." Kozik told Storm who sighed. "I'm not leaving here right now." Storm told him. "I know you haven't been to the clubhouse since you left after you were attacked and that was at least a month ago. What's wrong with the baby?" Kozik replied. "He's dying Koz and there is nothing we can do to help him; his mother abandoned him." Storm told Kozik who realised that she wasn't going to leave. "I'm not going to make you leave now, but you have to ring me when you are ready to leave and I'll come back and escort you back." Kozik told her. "I will." Storm nodded looking down at the little boy in her arms. Kozik stood, going to make his way out of the room but Storm stopped him, grasping his hand lightly. "Thank you." Storm said looking up at him. "For what?" Kozik asked. "You're the only one that cares and understands." Storm said watching as the confusion spread across her face before he smiled and nodded. He quickly leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Call me." Kozik said firmly before making his way out.

***

Kozik pulled into a packed TM, parking up and getting off, walking into TM and seeing the confused faces that Storm wasn't with him. "Where is Storm at?" Chibs asked, his accent thicker than usual. "She's still at the hospital, she's holding a dying baby. She's going to ring me when she's ready to leave so I can go back and get her." Kozik told the club. "That's all we need. We shouldn't have bothered." Tig grumbled annoying Kozik, Kozik's eyes narrowed at Tig. "You did the right thing." Clay said seeing the tension.

"Did you at least tell a prospect to head over and watch her?" Tig asked snarling at Kozik. "I was just about to see which prospect we could spare but she's safe at the hospital in the children's ward." Kozik answered as Tig got up in his face. "Sure she is." Tig snarled. "When was the last time you saw her Tig, what a few days ago, hell a month ago when she walked out of her with her face..." Kozik was cut off as Tig threw a right hook connecting with his mouth, splitting his lip open. Jax and Bobby quickly stepped in between them as Kozik wiped his mouth seeing the blood. "Go get cleaned up and head back to the hospital but stay available." Clay told Kozik. Kozik nodded and walked back out to his bike, heading for the hospital.