Chapter III

It's been a week since she joined her brother and everything was going…decent. Just as Ghost warned her, she had to follow their schedule. Wake up at 6 am, in maximum 10 minutes she had to be on the training field, no matter the weather, and train alongside with the soldiers. It was exhausting for her. Running around carrying at least 40 kilograms on her upper body, climbing, jumping over obstacles and other agility exercises. And for what? She was going to sit in an office the whole day and help them with their wounds or flu. So why did she have to go through all that?
   She couldn't find an answer herself, and she couldn't bring herself to ask anyone. She was afraid to sound like she was complaining about it.
   She shook her head, trying to forget about this question and focus back on the folder in front of her.
   "Simon Riley" She read out loud.
Normally, a photograph would be attached to the folder, but this was an exception. She found it weird, confusing, but opened it.

Lieutenant Simon 'Ghost' Riley
Born: Manchester, England
Father: David Riley [deceased]
Mother: Pauline Riley née Wilson [deceased]
Siblings: Tom Riley [deceased]
Joined the British Army at the age of 16
Surpassed all expectations earning his enrollment into the 22nd SAS regiment
Pulled from deployment in Iran to lead a small team to take the Zaragoza Drug Cartel down, Riley was captured along with Kevin Sparks [deceased] and Marcus Washington [deceased].

Physically Riley is healthy and fit. All physical tests he surprasses with ease.
Mentally, Riley suffers with several issues. After leading the attack on Roba he was driven to the point of insanity, forced to take leave for recovery. However, he kept pushing for his return to active duty. Prescripted Clozapine to ease the symptoms. Riley suffered of PTSD, night terrors, clinical depression, anger issues and psychotic tendencies including hallucinations and delusions and even extreme suicidal tendancies. He is currently prescripted: 150 mg Clozapine, 40 mg Escitalopram, 7.5 mg Zopiclone.
  She left a loud sigh after reading his report. Down deep inside her she knew he must have troubles with his mental health judging by his way of interacting with people around him, yet she couldn't have guessed the exact issues without having a deeper conversation with him. She took out her notebook, writing on a page his name and prescriptions. She needed to find a moment to talk to him and check out if they were going well.
  A knock at the door disturbed her thoughts. It was Captain Price. He walked in with a light smile, stopping right in front of her.
  "Everything going well miss?" He asked, sitting down on the chair in front of the office. He was wearing a t-shirt, blood running down on his left arm, but he didn't seem to be bothered by that.
  "Well better than is going for you sir. What happened to your arm?" She asked, putting on a pair of gloves soaking a gauze pad in saline solution.
  "Eh me and Johnny were training, hand to hand combat. He challenged me into a knife fight. You know, even us soldiers need to stay entertained sometimes"
  "So you got cut."
  "Yeah basically.'
  With a light sigh she started cleaning his cut gently, ignoring the sounds he was making at the feeling of the pad. He was a man, a soldier after all, she was expecting him to be used with this kind of pain. She carefully bandaged his arm before throwing away her gloves.
  "As new sir."
  "Thanks" he said before looking down at the desk. "I see you started studying the reports. Simon Riley"
  "There's no picture sir."
  "Never" he said before standing up, walking towards the door. "He doesn't show his face and there aren't many things about him either. We just work with what we have."
  "There isn't even his blood type. What if we need it for him?"
  "Then I guess I'll die."
  A deep voice was heard from the door, making Madison turn her head. The tall man was bracing himself against the doorway, his cold eyes fixed on the doctor. She knew he wasn't there for too long, but yet enough time to know they were talking about him.
  "I uh…I know you're an important member of this team we can't let you bleed out" she spoke.
  She only got a shrug as an answer. He didn't seem to care about his life, and that made her heart skip a beat. She read about the suicidal tendancies he had, but she didnt think he would be so casual about it.
  "It is what it is, MacTavish. I told your brother the same thing a while ago"
   "What are you doing here lieutenant?" Price asked.
    "Was passing by."
  And with that, he let his hands down, walking away as quickly and silently as he came. His words left Madison lost in her thoughts. He was really something else and she did not know how to feel about it.

  The last hours were a blur for her. She couldn't really remember how the time passed as she just sat in her office in a deadly silence. She just left the room, being called by General Shepherd. She found her way to the meeting room, where the 141 was peacefully waiting.
   On the table in front of her was a map, she couldn't figure out  the region though, but some areas were marked and some bullets were situated around. She knew they meant something, but she didn't know what.
  "We got intel that led us to Mexico. Hassan is there, but we don't know exactly where. We know 5 bases so we are going to check each of them." General Shepherd said. "Ghost, Soap, Madison MacTavish, you are going to Mexico tomorrow first thing in the morning and there you'll be welcomed by Alejandro Vargas, the leader of Los Vaqueros. I Want Hassan Boxed Up And Gift-Wrapped."
   Her face went pale. She was a doctor, why was she going to Mexico on a mission? Wasn't her job only to treat their wounds? She looked towards her brother, who gave her a slight nod.
   She took a deep breath but remained silent, nodding at Shepherd's plan. Even though she didn't understand why she had to be there she needed to seem confident and act like she knew what she was doing. He kept talking about the plan, but she couldn't understand a word. He talked about some intel, about some armament and terrorists but she couldn't bring herself to focus on what he was saying. And Ghost noticed it.
  The man punched her hip gently, looking down at her. As always, his eyes were cold, insensitive and the life behind them seemed to be absent.
   "Focus doc."he whispered, his low voice bringing her shivers down her spine. Her body tensed up uncomfortably, looking straight to the general.
    "I Dismissed. I want you out on the training field at 7 am for the flight."
   And with that, Shepherd was the first to leave, followed by the crew, let alone the three that were going to leave for Mexico. Both Ghost and Soap knew Madison was confused and knew they'll have to explain to her at least something from that plan.
  "So? What didn't you understand?" Ghost's voice filled the air, being just as cold and insensitive as his eyes, robotic even.
  "Why am I coming on the mission? Aren't I supposed to sit here and take care of your wounds?"
  He chuckled. The sound made her blood run cold.
  "MacTavish your sister is so fucking dumb" he said before leaving the room, letting the two siblings alone.
  "Well that's half of what you have to do. Yeah you gotta take care of our wounds, but during our missions. Sitting at the base is just useless"