Chapter 18: An offer you can't refuse

Ashley's POV

Last night I ignored Tristan's text. I didn't know what to say to him. We had sat in the car for half an hour, yet he chose to say nothing.

I didn't know what to say to him when I was still processing this situation myself.

"You did the right thing," Ivy whispered rubbing my back as we walked into the lobby.

Ivy convinced me to go and get a pregnancy test done at the doctor. I did that first thing this morning. She was with me throughout the whole thing which meant we were now at least two hours late for work.

They said that the results would be made available to me later in the day. However, because of work, I requested for them to send the results to me via email.

"Within a few hours, we'll know the truth," I added.

We continued walking into the hotel.

"Ashley, Ivy!" We heard a loud yell.

Ivy and I turned around to see Marcus furiously walking toward us.

We knew we were in deep trouble. What was the excuse we had decided on for being late, traffic?

As Marcus approached us, I noticed just how red his cheeks were.

"Do you two like your jobs?" Marcus asked.

Ivy and I nodded simultaneously.

"I had to find someone else to do your jobs for you just because you lazy asses couldn't show up to work on time!" He yelled.

Marcus lowered his voice, aware that some of the guests had started to stare.

"And you, Ashley, do you have any idea just how close the boss came to having my head? I expected this from your friend but not you." He continued.

"I'm sorry sir it..." I spoke.

Marcus cut me off. "Ivy, this is your third and final warning. If this ever happens again, you can both forget you have a job."

Ivy and I looked at Marcus thankfully. He must have been in a good mood; I knew a lot of people who were fired for a lot less.

"Now get to work before I change my mind," Marcus warned.

Ivy and I both rushed off to the female lockers.

We changed into our uniforms in a hurry.

"Don't worry, your child is about to inherit this entire establishment. This will all be over soon," Ivy whispered.

I chuckled; I think this whole 'Tristan's baby' thing was getting to her head faster than it was to mine.

I slammed my locker and then readjusted my uniform as I walked to my next post, Tristan's penthouse.

Ivy and I walked our separate ways as she took the other direction.

I walked in the direction of the elevator that led to Tristan's penthouse.

I pressed the elevator button.

"Excuse me, Miss," a voice yelled.

I turned around to see a man rushing toward me. He wore a black suit with a matching black tie and shirt. A typical driver/bodyguard look I would say.

He managed to catch up before the elevator doors opened.

I sighed, tapping the elevator buttons again, hoping that it would come sooner.

"I need you to come with me please," the man pleaded. He was still pacing his breath.

"What for?" I asked. "I'm already really late, I have to go." I insisted.