Chapter 54: Stanger danger

*Warning, this chapter includes some kidnapping scenes.*

Ashley's POV

It's been two days, at least I think it has. My only way of telling time was by how dark it got and the occasional meals they handed to me.

My hands were tied behind my back to a pole.

I tried loosening the rope by wiggling my hands but it was too tight.

The place was dusty with nothing but sand and concrete around me. I wasn't conscious when they brought me here. If it wasn't some kind of abandoned warehouse, it was most likely some unfinished building. We were definitely on a higher floor. I knew this because of the concrete staircase on the left. The floor also ended further down with bricks piled up on the edge.

The two guys who kidnapped me had their backs turned on me and were busy wiping the blades of their knives. If I was going to come up with an escape plan, now was the time.

I noticed a broken glass piece on the floor. I tried stretching my leg out so I could kick it towards me but I had no luck. It was too far and my legs were too short.

I sighed in frustration. How else was I going to get out of here? I still don't know why they tied me up here.

"Are you going to let me go?" I yelled getting the two guys' attention.

"You better keep quiet unless you want us to gag you again," the guy threatened, whom I named Moustache.

Since we arrived, they haven't bothered to conceal their identities. It was either they were incredibly stupid, or they weren't planning on letting me out alive.

The one guy had an angry face with a contrasting thick black moustache to his bold head. I named him Moustache. The other had a scar across the left side of his face. I named him Scar. He looked even more frightening than the one in TheLion King.

Scar walked down to the window. The window was just one big open rectangle. The glass hadn't been installed yet. Scar looked down as he smiled at himself.

"She is here," Scar announced as he walked back to Moustache.

"Great," Moustache answered. "That means we'll be rid of this one very soon. I'm tired of babysitting." He added.

She is here? Who was she? That meant I was about to meet the person holding me hostage. Hopefully, this was all a misunderstanding and they kidnapped the wrong girl. I feel sorry for whoever that girl is supposed to be.

It wasn't until five minutes had passed by that we started hearing footsteps echoing through the back. Hopefully, she was nicer than these two and would let me go.

In full alert, I watched the stairs as a woman walked towards us. She was dressed in a black sheath dress with matching black heels and sunglasses. True villain fashion. It was her heels that had been making all of that noise against the concrete. It took me nearly a minute to recognize her as Madison's mother. She did this?

I hadn't even realized I had stopped breathing.

"We've been expecting you Amelia," Scar said with a smile.

"I had to make sure everything was clear." She answered removing her sunglasses. She slipped them into her handbag. "Our guest looks a bit more comfortable than I would have preferred." She commented looking in my direction.

This was not a mistake. She wanted me to be here. But why? What have I ever done to her to deserve this?

She walked towards me before stopping in front of me.