Epilogue

TWO YEARS LATER

Ashley's POV

I got sidetracked. I opened my laptop expecting to spend only a few minutes making final adjustments, but I ended up spending over two hours. I was launching my new cleaning service, and we were set to open in less than a week. Everything had to be perfect.

I fiddled with my wedding ring anxiously as I finally emailed the documents. At least I had everything done. All I had to do was wait and everything would be okay.

Closing my laptop, I realized that I had come here to the kitchen to prepare the baby's formula. I had completely forgotten about that. I can't seem to get anything right lately.

The entire kitchen floor and living room were covered in toys, and we were having guests over in just less than two hours. Not to mention, my hair was a mess and I was covered in baby food.

I rushed to the counter to prepare the formula. I felt a little bit nauseous and lightheaded. Maybe it was the anxiety from everything that was finally getting to me.

Tristan wrapped his arms around me bringing me to a standstill. "You should slow down, you look so stressed out." He whispered over my shoulder.

"I have to get the baby's bottle ready," I answered as I continued to move.

He spun me around to face him. "I already made two extra bottles an hour ago. Have you already forgotten?" He asked.

I sighed. I would have remembered if my mind wasn't so distracted.

"Now, what is really bothering you?" He asked.

"I guess I'm just anxious about everything at work. I have a lot riding on this," I answered.

"I've read your business model and it was pretty good, you'll do just fine. You have nothing to worry about." He assured me.

I chuckled. He always knows the right things to say.

He took the bottle off the counter and finished with the formula. "Now, why don't you tell me about how you spent your day yesterday?" He asked.

I was hoping we wouldn't get to that, especially with everything that has happened recently.

"It was good," I answered dismissively, walking around the island.

"It was just good? I was hoping to hear every detail about how you spent your day with him." He added. I couldn't believe he was choosing to be petty. "Why do you even spend so much time around him?" He asked.

"He doesn't have any friends," I answered.

"How is he supposed to make any if you are constantly visiting him at his house for tennis matches? You should stop hanging around him so often," he answered turning his head away in disgust.

"Firstly, it also happens to be your parents' house. Secondly, he is twelve and he is also your brother. You are overreacting." I answered. I don't know why he was acting this way. Tyler has been a great new addition to the family. Besides, it's been two years.

"I just don't like him. Is it terrible of me to want to punch a twelve-year-old kid in the face?" He asked.

I nodded. "You are just mad that you never had to share your parents and now there is someone else in the picture. I've been doing it for more than half my life, you'll be fine." I assured him.