Chapter 3: I think I saw my boss naked

Ashley's POV

I spent the day helping my mom make some cupcakes for a birthday party. She decided on starting her own small business.

By six p.m. I had stepped into the hotel, which meant I was an hour ahead of my shift. This had to be a record.

Something was wrong, there was a completely different mood in the hotel. Whereby it's usually filled with peace and tranquility and a few guests trying to disturb that peace, there was an unusual panic amongst the employees.

I tried to figure out what was happening from the whispers amongst the maids in the corridor, but I had no luck.

I went on with my usual routine and dressed in my uniform.

I stopped by the break room to get some coffee.

"I heard he is coming here today," I heard Sandra one of the maids' whisper.

She was sitting around a table with four of her friends.

"I've heard about how scary he is. He doesn't allow any of his employees to look him in the eye when he is speaking to him. They always have to keep their heads down." Sandra's friend Erin spoke.

I raised my brow curious as to whom they were talking about.

"How about the time he fired someone just because there was too much spice in the spicy Korean food he ordered? Everyone in the restaurant got fired." Jerry, one of the bartenders at the restaurant on the first floor spoke.

Now I was really curious as to whom it was. We've had our fair share of difficult guests but this one seemed to be driving fear amongst everyone.

"Who is coming here today?" I interrupted walking to their table.

They all stood silent as they diverted their attention to me, they all had matching shocked expressions.

"You haven't already heard?" Sandra asked.

I shook my head no.

"The big boss Tristan Montenegro is coming to the hotel tonight," Sandra whispered.

"Oh, is that why everyone is so paranoid today?" I asked.

"Shh," Jerry whispered. "Don't speak so loud, rumor has it that he can hear you from as far as five miles away."

They all nodded in unison.

"I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration," I answered.

"I heard; he is coming here just so that he can fire some of us for his amusement," Sandra spoke, as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Heaven's help whomever that has to serve him tonight," Jerry whispered.

Luckily, that wasn't going to be me, according to the schedule I only had a few rooms to clean that were currently unoccupied. It was going to be a smooth shift for me today.

Just then, Marcus stepped into the breakroom.

He was in a state of panic, his usual neat tie loosed and his hair in its natural curls instead of brushed back as usual. He almost looked handsome, but then I remembered he was Marcus.

Everyone immediately stood up, leaving their seats.

A stressed Marcus wasn't good for anyone, it meant he was probably going to project it on me.

I was a bit hesitant because I still hadn't made my coffee. All wait, the coffee wasn't worth it in this case.

I turned around to leave, heading straight for the door.