Chapter 41: How about breakfast

Ashley's POV

I couldn't believe it.

Tristan knew about Leonardo all along.

How many people knew about this while I was clueless this whole time?

What else did he know about me?

I stopped in my tracks, anger rushing to my face as I continued listening to the rest of his conversation.

I've never for once told him anything about it and I know very well that he was his partner long before I even had any clue about it.

It makes sense now, this was why he was so invested in knowing about my family before he had the chance to meet my mother. He must have had me investigated. Who knows what kind of information he must have had about me?

"It's ridiculous of my grandfather to even think that I'd use Ashley to get the contract." He said next. "Before you forget, I want to know exactly what business it is that my mother has with the doctor Ashley, and I visited." He added.

I nearly gasped.

He was even closer to the truth than I would have ever thought. Was he investigating me this whole time?

It felt like a lot for me to process at once.

I took some steps back, walking back to the balcony so I'd be far away from his view.

I was trapped in my thoughts, rethinking everything.

I heard some footsteps behind me.

"Ashley," Tristan said. "I thought you'd be sleeping." He commented.

I didn't answer. All I could think about was what could possibly begoing on in that head of his. He knew I was in contact with his mother, but he never said anything about it. He might be much closer to the truth than I know. He also knew about Leonardo being my 'uncle' who is his supposed business partner. He could have been very well trying to use me to get to him, without me even realizing it. Who was Tristan Montenegro? Did I even know anything about him?

I've been the one playing this game, but what if he is the one playing me all along?

"Are you alright?" Tristan asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

My brain slowly slipped back into reality.

"I'm fine," I answered hesitantly.

He didn't seem to pay much attention to my confused state. He had already moved on to the next idea. "Anyways, tomorrow evening we'll be hosting a fundraising event." I don't know if you'd like to come but I could have someone arrange a dress for you." He suggested.

"I don't think I'll attend," I answered.

"Okay, how about we have dinner instead?" He suggested awkwardly. He scratched the back of his head.

Was Tristan nervous right now? He has always been the

"I'm tired from the trip, I need to rest," I answered dismissively.

I walked past him to one of the rooms. I didn't want to be around him right now.

***

"You lied to me. Did you really think I'd continue playing the fool?" Tristan asked. He gave me a cold stern look as he shook his head at me in disgust.

I stood there quietly, feeling smaller than ever as the crowd roared into laughter. A few photographs were taken in my direction.

"You just had to be so pathetic." Madison laughed as she appeared behind him.