Chapter Three -Hero Costumes-

Lilith's P.O.V.

"Hey girl, are you excited?" Kokoa asked me the next day. It was lunch now; I had gotten a salmon salad since I was pescatarian, and Kokoa had gotten a pork cutlet bowl.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait to try on my hero costume. I hope they made it like I asked them to," I told her, getting excited when I thought about our hero classes.

"Yeah me too," Kokoa agreed.

We sat down at the end of a table and began to eat.

"So I never really asked you, what exactly is your augere?" Kokoa asked me before stuffing a piece of pork in her mouth.

"Well, it's similar to Night Mare's, right?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"The only difference between our augeres is the effect it has. While Night Mare's made people become temporarily brain dead, mine makes people see the thing or person they love the most. The more people who love me, the more my physical abilities enhance. That's basically how it works," I told her, and Kokoa swallowed her food.

"Huh. Cool!" Kokoa said.

We chatted more as we ate before it was time for hero training.

We both gave each other an excited look as we stepped into our homeroom classroom and saw that most of our class was already waiting for class to start. We quickly took our seats just as the last bell rang.

I could feel the mood change to excitement as the classroom door opened to reveal the hero Seeker, whose augere was X-Ray Vision. Seeker walked in and stood in front of us.

"I'll be your teacher for Heroics. Ever since the attacks, we have decided to increase the difficulty of these classes for all students, so we'll be diving right into combat training," Seeker began, and I saw Kokoa getting excited out of the corner of my eye.

"So kids, after I pass out your costumes, we're heading to training ground Delta," Seeker told us, and Kokoa pumped her fist in the air.

Everyone excitedly rushed out of their seats to grab their suitcase from Seeker, Kokoa the first one there. I picked up mine as everyone dispersed. We then followed Seeker to the training grounds.

When we arrived, we quickly went to the changing rooms that were nearby

When I entered the girl's locker room, I noticed seven girls besides myself in the locker room. Kokoa turned to me with a look as she whipped off her tie.

"Girl, stop being so nervous. I'm pretty interested in how you designed your costume based on how your augere works," Kokoa smirked, and I burned a bit red, moving over towards Kokoa as I remembered the costume Ai had drawn.

'Well all the others weren't gonna function with our augere so someone had to take some initiative,' she said, rolling her eyes.

I flipped the latches on the suitcase and bit my lip before I began to change into my costume, a getup that was in no way modest.

My costume consisted of an armor chest piece, but it was more like a crop top. It barely covered my breasts before it cut off; the heart I wanted had been cut out on the chest. The skirt was short, and the sewn-on briefs hardly covered my butt before stopping. The boots reached my mid-shins and had some armor plating on them. I put on the plated biker gloves that had the center of my palms exposed and wiggled my fingers before buckling the utility belt with pairs of gas masks attached to them.

My whole costume had a pink and black color scheme to it. I didn't plan on leaving Ai out of a fight if she could help me win, so the black was a nod to her.