Chapter Eleven -Teams-

Lilith's P.O.V.

I grabbed Kokoa's hand and smiled at her.

"Wanna grab Hayate and then find our fourth team member?" I asked her.

She grinned.

"Oh yeah, you got a plan?" she inquired.

I nodded.

"Hopefully, a winning one," I declared, the idea already formulating in my head.

I waved at Hayate, and he smiled from relief at having been chosen and ran over.

"So we're teaming up for this? Kinda just like the bombing exercise," he said as he reached us. We looked around and saw that most of the teams had been made, and a few stragglers were hanging back. I then spotted the snake girl, and a thought crossed my mind.

I walked up to her, Ai pushing her confidence into me.

"Hello, my name is Lilith Ito, I'm in Class 2A. You're in Class 2B, right? Do you wanna join our team? We're just missing one member," I asked her with a nervous smile.

Her tongue flickered out, and she gave a shy smile. "If thatsss okay with you, then sssure," she agreed, her "s" sounds stretched out as her snake tongue flicked from behind her lips.

"My name issss Raquel Stawarski," she apprised us.

Hayate blinked.

"Wait, why am I the only guy on this team?" he asked, and we all looked at him before laughing.

"Ladykiller, whatcha doing?" Kokoa teased, elbowing him in the ribs.

Hayate laughed nervously as some of the other guys looked a little jealous of him.

"Hayate just admit that your kindness works wonders on the female population," Kokoa sighed with a shrug.

Hayate smiled nervously.

"O-Okay sure," he stuttered.

I saw that Raquel was smiling.

"So, what exactly is your augere?" I questioned.

"My augere isss called Sssnake. I can basssically do everything that a sssnake can do. For example, I have a bit of sssuper ssstrength, extend my body to 10 to 15 metersss, ssswallow large objectsss whole, and turn on infrared visssion," Raquel explained.

I nodded, closing my eyes as I incorporated her into the plan Ai and I were cooking up.

I opened my eyes and snapped my fingers.

"So here's the plan..." I began, and we all huddled up.

~ ~ ~

Concretador finished setting up the stage for the dodgeball event, complete with pillars of concrete, small ledges, and ample open space in the center where dozens of rubber balls were strewn. Each team was spread out evenly around the edge of the open space.

"All right, everybody! Get ready to rumble!" Jackie shouted, and we all tensed up.

"Ready? Go!" she yelled, and then we moved.

But unlike everyone else, we ran away from the center.

Hayate flung out his arm, pulled three balls from the center, and launched them into the air.

"So wait, our entire team depends on me?" Hayate asked after I had told everyone the plan.

"Your augere is advantageous for this activity. You never have to touch the balls, and you can accurately attack the opponents. I can't go swinging wildly since I injured my finger. I can release my augere as a smoke screen around us, Kokoa can build shields out of candy and Raquel can find the opponents with her infrared vision. Raquel will tell you where to aim the balls while we remain hidden. It's the best plan I can think of with this group of people." I told him.