Chapter Fourteen -The Finals-

Lilith's P.O.V.

I leaped onto the field, having slid down the wall before striding over to the stage.

"Let's get right into it, folks. Our challenger, a dangerous lady that has swept the competition so far with only a scratch, give it up for Lilith Ito!" Jackie cried.

The audience roared as I stuffed my hands in my pocket. My strategy for this match would only be slowed down by a weapon. And besides, I wanted to show what I could do without one.

"And our other finalist who has left a trail of blood in his wake, it's our archer, Otoya Fuse!" Jackie exclaimed.

"And what's this? They're both going into this unarmed. Hey Lilith, are you sure you don't want to take a weapon? This guy is dangerous!" Jackie hollered, and I gave her a thumbs up.

"A-Alright then. Let the final match... begin!" Jackie screamed.

Otoya swept his hand over his head, and I watched intently, seeing that the arrow only formed after his hand had left the area.

I took my hands out of my pocket and got ready. I dodged the first volley of arrows easily, only three had been sent my way, and as Otoya recalled them, I shrugged off my jacket. This time Otoya sent five arrows my way. I dodged four of them before I purposely let one catch me in the shoulder. I winced, the blow painful, but I didn't know if I would've been able to seize one with my bare hands.

I immediately let my pheromone out, thickening it so that a shroud of pink surrounded me. Otoya would have to carefully send arrows into the cloud as he couldn't see me anymore.

Since we were training to be heroes, he'd be in massive trouble if I got hit in a fatal place. Especially if I died.

I kept the arrow in my shoulder as I quickly put my plan into action.

I quickly tied each of my jacket sleeves into a knot before I zipped up my jacket. The arrow in my shoulder started to wiggle, so I quickened my pace. Tying the neck of my jacket, I now had an improvised bag. I proceeded to yank the arrow out of my shoulder. I then put my hand in my jacket bag before I snapped the arrow.

As I had predicted, the arrow dissolved into flecks of yellow light. When they tried to go back to Otoya, I closed the bag and saw that the specks could not escape the bag.

Success.

I left my pheromone cloud, and Otoya fired at me. Although he had just finished changing the arrows to blunt-tipped ones as they flew at me, I noticed that they didn't have the same speed as the previous arrows. So I began to catch them with my bare hands.

"What?! Lilith has begun to catch Otoya's arrows with just her bare hands? Just what is she?" Jackie screeched. As I caught each arrow, I broke them inside the bag.

"And what is with this jacket bag that Lilith has made herself? Is this some sort of strategy?" Jackie hollered in confusion.

Otoya's eyes widened when Jackie pointed this out before he narrowed his eyes.

"You've figured it out," he stated, and I grinned.

"I just got lucky. It was Hayate that first made me notice. Had he not broken that arrow of yours, I would've still been stumped. I'll have to thank him later," I told him.

I now had a total of five arrow fragments in the bag, and as the fight went on, I fearlessly dodged the arrows, used my pheromones to hide when I needed a break, and caught as many arrows as I could.

"It's been two whole minutes and there is still no clear victor! With Lilith's strange strategy of stuffing broken arrows into her jacket, Otoya seems to be reaching his limit. But Otoya's relentless volley of arrows has worn down Lilith as well! Just who will come out on top?!" Jackie shouted.