Chapter Nineteen -Study-

Lilith's P.O.V.

I moaned and slumped my head down on the table as Hayate and Kokoa gave me looks.

"Lilith it's not that hard," Hayate told me.

I looked over at him.

"Easy for you to say, Mr. I-ace-every-math-test-and-have-the-best-grades-in-our- year," I grumbled at him.

Hayate rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, Lilith, I'm trying to help you. It's easy. You solve for x like this..." Hayate said as he began to explain it again. I listened intently, trying to soak it all in again.

I tried solving the problem independently and then gave it to Hayate to look it over.

"Correct. Now try doing the rest of the practice problems," he told me.

I groaned.

"You really suck at math, don't you Lilith," Kokoa commented.

"It's my weakness," I sighed.

"Well, at least we have Hayate to help us," Kokoa said, and I sighed again as I got to work on the other practice problems.

I was great when it came to Japanese, English, World History, Home Ec., and Chemistry. But when math was more complicated than multiplication, I just couldn't wrap my head around it for some reason.

The reason why I was stressing over some "simple algebra," as Hayate called it, was because the midterms were coming up. It was late September now, and the midterms were simply days away. And to do well on the Algebra II midterm, I had started to chip away at what I didn't understand nine days ago, the day immediately after Elijah and I's one-month anniversary.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Elijah asked as he sat down next to me at our table. Kokoa, Hayate, and I were presently studying in one of the study halls on campus. Behind Elijah were Beryl and Rowan.

"Diamond, help me..." I whined as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Elijah moved his arm to settle lightly around me as he gave me a look.

"With what?" he asked.

Hayate sighed.

"Lilith is struggling with math. Which I don't understand. She's perfectly fine when it comes to Chemistry. Usually the ability to understand math and science go hand in hand," he said.

I gave him a glare.

"You give me these stupid algebraic equations and tell me to find x. When am I ever going to have to find x when I'm fighting villains? I also don't need to know how many freaking apples John has either," I grumbled.

Elijah laughed.

"Well you can't be great at everything," he said.

Beryl and Rowan exchanged looks before they sat down with us.

"What are you having the most trouble with, maybe I can help," Beryl offered.

I sighed.

"The entire worksheet," I groaned.

Kokoa snickered.

"It literally took her thirty minutes to figure out the first problem with Hayate's help, and she still doesn't get it," she teased, and I pouted.

"I just don't understand why you don't have Ai help you," Hayate stated.

I gave him a look.

"This is something I have to do on my own," I told him, and he shook his head.