Chapter Twelve -Dueling Tournament-

Lilith's P.O.V.

I got excited to see Elijah as we all took a lunch break. He had texted me that he would be able to come and see me in thirty minutes. So the entire lunch break was just me excitedly eating.

"Well I can guess that one of two things has got you excited. My first guess is that you're excited to kick ass because you're a weapon-wielding champion?" Kokoa asked me as she bit into her meat club.

"Sort of. I mean, that isn't the big reason why I'm excited but it's part of it," I told her as I munched on a sandwich, pescatarian friendly, of course.

"Hmm...." Kokoa hummed. "Then it's that special someone, huh?" she asked with wiggling eyebrows, and I blushed. Kokoa grinned at her correct guess.

Raquel was sitting with us, having become friends with her and her friend, Ryu Hashimoto, who was also in Class 2B. His augere was Arrow. He didn't say the specifics of his augere, but he told us that he had been on Kazuo's team.

Raquel cocked her head.

"Thatssss right, you sssaid you had a boyfriend, Lilith?" Raquel said, and I nodded.

"Wait until you hear who it is," she teased, and Ryu and Raquel looked at her and me curiously.

"Elijah freaking Knight," she stated before I could tell them. They both looked at me with awe.

"You know people from the old classsss 2A?" Raquel asked.

I nodded.

"By total chance, too. I met Elijah around the second day of school," I told them.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I pulled it out curiously. My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was from.

 My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was from

I smiled wide at my phone.

Hayate raised a brow.

"That was him just now, wasn't it," he said, and I bit my lip with a nod.

"Alright you love sick baby, go get him," Kokoa sighed and waved me away when she saw me fidgeting.

I grinned and grabbed my trash. I waved goodbye to my friends as I headed to where I told Elijah to meet me: a small alcove by the building.

There weren't many people here, and I put a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart. Before I fell asleep last night, I was unable to take my mind off Elijah and the desire to see him again as soon as possible.

Now that it was happening, I was nervous. I didn't know when the nervousness would go away, and I didn't know if it would go away. But I guess that wasn't exactly a bad thing.

"Hey, gem," a voice called.

My face flushed as I saw Elijah walking over to me.

"Hey diamond," I breathed back.