xii.

«Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, Only darkness every day»

'Ain't No Sunshine'
Bill Withers

irl, instagram

"What the hell is wrong with me? How could I let her go, just like that." I whined to Tristan. He sat on the opposite end of the couch in my room. "I don't know man, that's on you to figure out."

I glared at him and groaned out of frustration. "Please help me out here! I need to find a way to make it up to her."

"Maybe next time don't say a bunch of false things that you know will offend her..?"

"Not helping!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at his face.

"Okay, relax."  He placed the pillow down beside him. "You need to apologize."

"I di-"

"In person." He cut me off. "Over text means nothing to anyone. Especially Clover. She would much appreciate it if you said sorry to her face. You can't be scared to talk to her, the worst she can do is not forgive you and then you're stuck with an unrequited crush."

"Tristan! Seriously?"

"Just the truth. I mean, you're 13 and this is just a crush. You'll get over it eventually."

I sighed and got up from the couch.

"I need to do something. To get her out of my head."

I looked at Tristan and he held his hands up in surrender. "Don't look at me. I want nothing to do with this."

"Dude! Please! I'm begging you." He huffed and left the room.

Well shit.

—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.

I recruited both Brady's and Spencer to hang out with me. They were all bored and didn't know what to do. I brought up the idea of going out to eat, but they all objected.

Brady (R) then suggested going to Six Flags. Brady (H) got his mom to chaperone us and we all got a tickets online.

When we got there, Spencer wanted to go on Apocalypse. I had no problem with it and neither did the Brady Bunch. Yes, from now on I will refer to them as "The Brady Bunch."

We got in line and the closer we got, the more anxious I felt. I don't have a fear of rides, but my brain doesn't know that, so I start to feel sick whenever we first get on, but that goes away quick.

After we got off, I dragged us onto CraZanity. It's always been one of my favorite rides at Six Flags and I couldn't miss doing it today.

CraZanity always made me feel sick to my stomach, but it gave me such a thrill, and to me, the thrill is all that matters.

We finished off the day by going on Gold Rusher. It was a classic Six Flags ride, and another one of my favorites.

We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways in the lobby of the hotel.  As I rode the elevator up to my floor, I thought back on the fun day I had. Today proved that I didn't need Clover to be happy, I just needed my friends.

Or so I thought.

••

•••

••

Liked by tristanpravong, brady_hepner and 230,362 others

masonthamesofficial thanks to @brady_hepner, @bradyryanofficial, and @spencer_fitzgeraldd for making today so awesome!

tristanpravong i can't believe you went to six flags without me smh
masonthamesofficial dude you walked out on me, what did you expect?

user30 well you moved on fast
masonthamesofficial don't comment things like that when you don't understand the situation

a/n
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADELEINE. OBVIOUSLY SHE WON'T SEE THIS, BUT YEAHH!!!! 🎉 🎉 🥳 🥳

Unfortunately, yes. I made it an enemies to lovers, but one of them has feelings for the other. I just didn't know what to write for this chapter and now this storyline is a big part of it.

I live on the east coast and have never been to Six Flags, which means I've never been on any of those rides, so I hope those are fun rides and not super boring ones bc I just looked up what rides are at the Six Flags in LA. I used the word rides a lot in this paragraph...

ALSO, I have a plan written out for the next 4-5 chapters that I hope to have up before the new year, but no promises. I've got a pretty busy week ahead of me, but writing will be one of my top priorities!