xxi.

«Count to ten, Take it in, This is life before you know who you're gonna be, At fifteen»

'Fifteen'
Taylor Swift

irl, instagram

It's my birthday! I'm finally 15. I can relate to Taylor's song now too! ;)

Maddy, Mason, Miguel, Brooke, and I made plans to go to Halloween Horror Nights together. I've been waiting all year for this and it's even better that I get to with my best friends.

We all slept over at Maddy's and now we're getting ready to leave. "Brooke, hurry!" Mason shouted at his sister, who was taking forever to do her hair. "I'll go get her." I said.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom where Brooke was straightening her hair. "They're so impatient." Brooke jokingly rolled her eyes at my reflection in the mirror. "Seriously."

"I never got to say it but I love your outfit today! Especially the jacket." Brooke smiled at me. "Thanks. You look great, too!" She finished straightening her hair and dug through a drawer to find a hair tie. "Here, use mine." I took the hair tie off of my wrist and handed it to her. "Thanks."

We rushed downstairs and were greeted by a grumpy group of people. "Let's go!" Maddy exclaimed, grabbing mine and Brooke's hands and running out to the car. "You're like the most excited out of all of us!" I slightly shouted. "Who isn't excited!" Everyone was silent. "Exactly!"

We all crammed into the car. I was smushed in between Brooke and Maddy in the very back of the car. Miguel and Mason sat in the middle and Mason's mom and Maddy's mom were up front.

When we arrived at Universal, we all got special passes that allowed us to go to the front of the line. I guess that's a perk of being in a horror movie.

We immediately made our way to the horrors of Blumhouse house. Mason and Miguel practically ran there while us ladies strolled along. They looked like they were about to piss themselves as they eagerly waited for the rest of us to catch up. "Come on!" they shouted simultaneously, running to the line. We were allowed to go in before it actually opened since we had the special passes.

Maddy and I held onto each other as we followed behind the group. "I'm a lot more scared for this than I thought." I shouted. Someone dressed as the Grabber jumped out, scaring the life out of all of us. My heart was racing as a loud sound effect made me think I dropped my phone. (Based on true events) I quickly checked my pockets, securing my phone.

We made our way through the house into the basement set. "It's me!" I heard Mason shout from up ahead. When Maddy and I could finally see, we set our eyes on an animatronic Finney. "Oh my god! That's so co- AHHH!" I was cut off by another Grabber jumpscare. Everyone laughed at me as I gripped onto Maddy's arm tighter.

We held onto each other for dear life throughout the rest of the house. Once we made it outside, I said a prayer, thanking God for letting me survive. (Also based on true events) "That was absolutely insane." Brooke exclaimed, Miguel and Mason agreeing. Maddy and I were in shock as we sat on a stone wall.

Brooke couldn't help but laugh at us. "Which house are we going to next?" she asked. "I think they need a break." Miguel chuckled. "We're fine." I said, jumping into our defense. I looked back at Maddy who was staring at the ground. "Okay- uhm, I'm okay. I'm not entirely sure about her." We all shared a concerned laugh until Maddy jumped up from her spot, yelling at me, causing me to scream. "What the hell?!" I shouted, smacking her arm.

Everyone burst out into fits of laughter as I stood there embarrassed. "Yeah, yeah. Haha, so funny." I grumbled. "It's okay. If you're too scared you don't have to do the houses." Mason said, walking to my side. "Woah, woah, woah. Who said I was too scared?" Blank stares came from everyone. "Whatever. Let's go to the next house."

Throughout each house I practically clung to Mason or Maddy's side. When the night was over, it was super late and we all decided to crash at Maddy's house again. I almost immediately fell asleep as soon as I flopped onto the couch, the others doing the same.

Overall it was an awesome night and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

••

•••

••

Liked by beccafclarke, bayallebach, and 183,362 others

thecloveryoung 15's a whole new vibe

madeleinemcgraw OML UR HAIRRRRR
thecloveryoung IT'S ALL IN THE LIGHTING

mckennagraceful TOO HOT OMFG
thecloveryoung ALL YOU BAE

beccafclarke weird way to propose, but yes
thecloveryoung 💍

masonthamesofficial happy birthdayyyy!!!
thecloveryoung tyyyy!!!
masonthamesofficial r u mocking me?
thecloveryoung 🫣

official_miguelcazarezmora hope 15 treats you well🔥🔥
thecloveryoung ty fire boy

a/n
I wrote this instead of doing my math hw
You're welcome.

FUN FACT: Clover's birthday is October 17 :))