xxix.

«Can I go where you go, Can we always be this close forever and ever, And ah, take me out, and take me home, You're my, my, my, my, Lover»

'Lover'
Taylor Swift

irl, instagram

August 5th. The final day of the Eras Tour and the day I get to go. Mason surprised me with tickets as part of my 16th birthday gift. It obviously had to be given to me before my birthday, but I'm not complaining.

I'm ecstatic to see Taylor. She's been my idol for the longest time and it's been a dream of mine to go to one of her tours. I tried so hard to get tickets before, but the TicketMaster fiasco was absolutely insane and I ended up not getting them.

Little did I know Mason and Brooke were refreshing and sitting at their computers for hours. They ended up getting seats a bit far from the stage, but I'm happy with anything.

I bought an orange dress and a pair of cowboy boots to wear. If you couldn't tell, it's to resemble my favorite album, Evermore. I don't really understand the hate for Evermore.

Brooke, Mason, and I were allowed to go alone since Brooke was almost 18 and was responsible enough to watch us. We took a taxi over to the stadium and we practically ran to our seats. "I thought you said we were far from the stage!" I exclaimed to Mason. "Is this not far?"

I gave him an 'are you serious?' look and he shrugged. I laughed and sat beside Brooke. I was in the middle of the two siblings.

We waited and then it started. She opened with Ready For It, just like she did for the Rep tour. Brooke and I were basically screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs. We had a great view of Taylor and as soon as she appeared, I noticed she was wearing the iconic Rep tour outfit.

She sang another song from Reputation and then she magically changed into a red uniform. Screams from everywhere in the stadium erupted. She began singing Sad Beautiful Tragic, one of my favorite songs on the album. There's just something about it that has me subconsciously singing the lyrics every time I hear it.

After Red, she sang songs from Speak Now. She pulled out her guitar and sang Haunted. The acoustic version of course. After Haunted was Back to December.

She then sang songs from Evermore. No body, No crime, was the first one. I was screaming louder than I ever have before. I made sure to teach Mason every song on Evermore and Reputation so that he could sing them with me. She ended the Evermore era with Champagne Problems. I was actually unable to cry, but on the inside, I was sobbing from joy.

Next came Folklore. The Last Great American Dynasty and Illicit Affairs. My two absolute favorites on Folklore. It's like Taylor was reading my mind with this set list.

Debut was next. Teardrops on My Guitar and Our Song were the chosen ones. She was wearing a beautiful white dress for Debut, representing the album cover.

For Fearless, she sang Love Story and The Best Day. Brooke has an indescribable love for Fearless and was literally ascending the entire time. Just like I was the whole time.

Midnights was the second to last era she played. Would've, Could've, Should've and The Great War were the two she sang and witnessing them live had me in a chokehold.

Finally, she played songs from Lover. Death by a Thousands Cuts came first. It's one of my favorite songs on Lover. The final song of the night that she sang was Lover. Everyone joined in to sing, including Mason. I was shocked at the fact he knew it, but then realized I would play the album on repeat for two weeks straight and he probably memorized it from the amount of times he heard it.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he placed his arm around me as we sang along. It was one of the greatest experiences of my whole life and I'd give everything to relive it.

thecloveryoung screaming, crying, throwing up

thecloveryoung screaming, crying, throwing up. best birthday gift and best boyfriend.

(also best brooke)

brooke_madison_thames love that you included me
thecloveryoung ofc i did

madeleinemcgraw STOP YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHINGGGG
thecloveryoung I WILL

beccafclarke HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. YOU SAW TAYLOR
thecloveryoung I SAW TAYLOR

user106 wish that was meee

tristanpravong ofc you saw Taylor
thecloveryoung whatchu mean by that..?🤔🤔

a/n
SOBBING

THERE'S ONE MORE CHAPTER AND ISTG IF I DON'T GET IT OUT BEFORE MIDNIGHT IM GONNA CRY