xxv.

«And I ain't trying to mess with your self-expression, But I've learned the lesson that stressin', And obsessin' 'bout somebody else is no fun, And snakes and stones never broke my bones so»

'You Need To Calm Down'
Taylor Swift

irl, instagram

I invited Maddy over for a movie night and a sleepover. We've been in desperate need of a hangout because we haven't seen in each other in forever.

When she got here, there were two unexpected guests beside her.

"Becca!" I ran to her. "Ahem." the other one coughed. "Right. Hi, Tristan." He pretended to be offended. "Wow. Friendship over."

"Whatever, loser."

I hurried over to give him a tight hug. "What are you guys doing here? You don't even live in Cali."

"You're clearly going through a manic episode and we're here to resolve it." Tristan blurted. I scoffed. "I see how it is. Get in here." They all ran to the kitchen. "Jesus! Did you parents forget to feed you?"

"No. You have the best snacks." Becca walked out of my pantry with a bag of Tate's chocolate chip cookies. "Damn right I do." Maddy glared at me. "Clover Jean. We don't curse." I snorted. "My bad, mom.

Tristan jumped onto the couch with a thousand different things. "Oh my gosh, pick one thing, you disgusting ferret." He gasped and put a hand to his chest. "How dare you!"

"You should run now, Vera." Becca said with her mouth full. "You guys have no manners." Maddy scoffed jokingly. "Watch it kid. You're in my house." Tristan and Maddy shared a look. Then Maddy nodded.

Tristan jumped off the couch and began running towards me. "NO, WAIT. HAVE MERCY. PLEASE." I shouted as I ran out of the house and down the street. Tristan chased me all the way to the next block before tackling me. "What the hell was that for?!" I slapped his arm as I struggled to stand up.

"Maddy and I made a pact a while ago."

"That you would scare the living shit out of anyone her was mean to her?"

"Pretty much." He shrugged and we began walking back to my house. "Y'all are so weird." He raised his eyebrows and looked at me. "Says the person who refers to people as y'all"

"Shut up." I said solemnly, bumping into him.

Once we made it back inside and we're situated on the couch, Becca put on Barbie: Princess Charm School and I put some popcorn in the microwave. Tristan was in charge of all the other snacks. "One per person or I swear to God I'll chase you down the street." I said. He nodded.

After the movie ended, we all sat outside drinking hot chocolate. The chilled air mixed with the burning hot liquid was just too good. We sat out there until the sunset, talking about future projects we would love to work on and actors we'd want to work with.

The day had been so eventful and fun that I had completely forgotten that I even ever had a boyfriend in the first place, let alone a cheating one.

••

Liked by tristanpravong, bradyryanofficial, and 170,926 others

thecloveryoung me before mads & becca came over vs me after

tristanpravong yo, what abt me??
thecloveryoung right.. uh.. you too ig 😃

user103 break up glow up?
mckennagraceful nah, she was always this attractive

madeleinemcgraw i 1000% agree about wanting to work with Elizabeth Olsen.
thecloveryoung RIGHT? Tristan's on smt weird to not agree
tristanpravong relax a bit

a/n
GET READY FOR TWO CHAPTERS A DAY NOW BECAUSE IM FINISHING THIS BOOK ON VALENTINE'S DAY. IT WOULD BREAK ME IF I DIDN'T BC ITS TOO PERFECT.