Dancing in Flames

Neteyam held Tuk on his hip, she seemed uneasy at all the attention and stares from the Metkayina clan as the Sullys made their way to the beach where they have been summoned by the chief to eat and be welcomed.
He whispered words of comfort to his little sister, letting her play with his hand as he points out the beasts jumping out the dark water and splashing back down into the waves.

Tuk giggled and sat on his hip quietly as Neteyam walked beside Lo'ak and behind their father, greeting the watchful clan with a reserved smile. Grabbing Lo'ak as he made finger guns and winked at Tsireya, the chief's beautiful daughter who had shown them around and to their new home.

"Skxawng, dont get us kicked out before the first eclipse."

"Says you bro, i saw how you looked at the ikran girl." Lo'ak teased, a stupid smile on his face making Tuk laugh and clap, as lo'ak reached over and poked her cheek encouragingly at the mocking of their older brother.

"Both of you are insufferable," kiri claimed, making the boys jump, returning from the fire and handing a bowl of food to each of them as they sat around a great clearing, copying what the natives were doing.

the food was good, some sort of seaweed soup, strange but the warmth was comforting after the long journey. Neteyam moved Tuk so she was sat on his crossed legs, where she would sit happily, and Neteyam could make sure she wasnt causing trouble by hissing at the locals, as well as eating her stew.

Neteyam knew, as he saw his mother glance over at her children, from where she was making peace with the cheifs mate, that his parents were trusting him to ensure his siblings were safe and eating. Something he was well used to by now as the oldest, he was a shield for tuk from the stares, allowing her to eat in semi-peace.

Kiri was in a mood, missing Spider most likely, as Neteyam reminded her to eat more as she went to place her still near full bowl on the sand. She held his gaze for a moment before taking a deep breath and nodding, clearly seeing something in her brother's gaze that made her feel seen.

Lo'ak seemed restless, but he usually was. He had gulped down his soup quickly, stretching in his position and eyeing the people around him.
"What are we even waiting for?"

"Probably Her."

Kiri pointed to a girl walking through the crowd as they parted for her, she wore white, draping material that hung low from her hips, making her waist look small and defined, tone from clear activity. As well as a separate piece wrapped around her breasts, pearls connected sheer sleeves that flowed like water across slender arms.

Her hair seemed to reflect the moonlight, making her look like Eywa had blessed the girl herself. It was loose down her back apart from to sections brought forward either side of her slender neck, and tied with the same material as her clothing.

She carried two large fans with her, flowing material the colour of her aqua skin moving like water behind her.

The people stood up as she entered, food forgotten in anticipation, causing the Sullys to scramble to follow and not show disrespect, Tuk complaints hushed quickly by Neteyam, as he dragged her up and back onto his hip.

She arrived before the chief, kneeling and placing her fans either side of her as she spoke with a heavy accent, and Neteyam had to strain his ears to hear her,
"Oel ngati kameie"

"I see you" Tonowari repeated back to her, before gesturing to Neteyams father and mother who stood beside him.

The girl stayed knelt, gesturing the greeting, before Neytiri held out a hand and the girl gracefully stood.
"What is your name, singer of the sea?"

Neteyam watched the scene with held breath, he of course had now recognised the girl, her beauty stood out like the sun, breaking through thick clouds. Watching her interact with his strong mother was strange, and he couldnt help but want his mother to like this unusual girl.

"Fae'voila. I will welcome you and your mate, Toruk Makto to our shores, as well as your family."
Her voice was sweet and quiet, and if not for the hushed silence of the clan would have been lost easily.

Her heart beat, in time with the music as it began to flow across her bones. Dancing came naturally, as well as song. She could perform the same as breathing. Song swirled around her as she began to sing, spreading her fans and allowing them to flow around her body.
As she spun she caught sight of Jake Sully now next to his family, they were hard to miss with their darker blue skin compared to the Metkayina people.

Neteyam quickly learned the girl was intoxicating, once you watched her dance or heard her sing, you could not take your eyes off. Jake glanced at his kids before doing a double take, witnessing the look in his oldest's eyes as he watched the young girl twirl.

Neytiri had also noticed, shaking her head with a small smile, before leaning over to whisper a tease to her mate.
"Ma Jake, that boy is truly your son."