I Am My Mother's Savage Daughter

The tension was palpable at festives that eclipse. Like always, Tsireya set knelt behind Fae'voila, braiding her hair, or just combing it through to relax her.

"I can't believe he kissed you!" She squealed, only to receive a stressed hush.

"Ill have you find i kissed him! And i dont even know if it can count as a kiss!"
Fae'voila sighed, placing her jewellery on to her arms.

"Well, did you like it?"

Fae'voila turned, shooting her a look.
"What youre really asking is if i like him, to which we both know you know the answer already. I am so fu'ked"

Tsireya giggled, her hands massaging her friends scalp.
"That boy has rubbed off on you."

"Oh please. As if i have not seen the way you swoon over lo'ak. Those jungle boys are just as much your weakness as mine."

"Maybe. And i know you want to kiss him again. Your heart is his now, just as his has been yours since he first saw you talking to his ikran."

She wrapped her arms around Faes neck, "you worry too much, go out and dance and sing and capture his heart even more then you already have."

Neteyam was stood behind lo'ak, his arms resting loosely over his brothers shoulders, holding his breath to see her and hear her again.

"Bro, us Sully boys know how to get it done!" Lo'ak whisper-cheered, smiling at Tsireya who had just appeared through the crowd, as she giggled when they connected eyes.

"Im not against murdering my own brother, cuz. Dont try me."
"Quiet, here comes your girlfriend."
"Shes not my-"

Fae'voila entered, this time she did not carry her fans and her clothing was less flowing. Instead leather clad, with less coverage.

She stopped in the middle of the clearing, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, just before she began to sing she opened her eyes, looking directly at Neteyam, scrunching her nose as she did when she attempted to wink.

And his heart was hers because she was love.

As she sang, she splashed in the shallow water, muddy sand caking up her legs, as she sang of being a daughter.

She raised her hand to Neytiri, smiling widely when Neteyams mother stepped forward, singing the ancient song dancing around one another.

Slowly more and more women joined in, ronal walking with her daughter and holding her hands as they sang loudly and without shame.
Kiri took tuks hand, leading her into the crowd to dance with their mother.

This was usually a lonely song for Fae'voila to preform, a sick irony to have the girl without a mother sing of her daughter-hood.
Until a small hand closed around hers, dragging her into a small circle. Tuk.

She smiled, heart warming as she realised this was the first time she witness neytiri laugh, (the same laugh as her son) pressing her fingers to her head and extending her hand towards neytiti. And just like that, fae had found something worth fighting for. Neytiris eyes lit up, returning the gesture as they truly saw one another.

Jake watched his love dance and sing, neytiri finally reflecting her past self, with the Omaticaya clan, with her people, if only for a moment. Jake was hypnotised by the way she moved and spun and threw her head back with laughter.

Jake glanced at his boys, only to find his own expressions mirrored back to him twice over. A look of awe. He smiled, cuffing both his boys on the back of head fondly.