Curse or Gift

"Like i said before, fighting, it is like dancing. We move together, push and pull. Ready?"

They were stood in a small clearing of trees in the forest, circling each other slowly and carefully. They had yet to talk about the other day, and just being so close to Neteyam was sending sparks across her skin.

"Ready to win, you mean?" She snarled playfully.

"Just try not to stab me?"

"Wouldnt want to ruin your pretty face by doing that, now would we?"

"Go."

She flashed forwards striking her knife towards him, Neteyam dodging easily, his movements were cocky, coming naturally to the young warrior, having learned from Toruk Makto himself. They danced around one another easily, fitting together like it was the most obvious thing on pandora.

She refused to hold back, sensing his hesitation to fully commit. Swiping his leg, knocking him off balance enough for fae to kick his knife from his hand.

Glaring at neteyam, she went to attempt to knock him down again only to be stopped, Neteyam twisting her arm, trapping the knife to her side and also reducing their distance by a whole lot. His chest pressing against her back, towering over her, he grinned.

"See its-"

Neteyam did not get to finish his sentence, as Fae took the opportunity to redirect his power back onto himself, swinging him over her shoulder and onto the ground, straddling him swiftly to keep the boy down.

"Sorry, what were you saying jungle boy?"

She returned his teasing smirk as the knife she held rested heavily on his neck, her breath rapid as he chest moved up and down.

The look in her eyes was wild, as she played with his life, dimly aware of Neteyams hands coming to rest on her waist, dwarfing her body in size.

"You're beautiful." He breathed, uncaring to the knife at his neck, his eyes trained only on the sea girl above him.

"And unfortunately-" suddenly, Neteyam flipped them, rolling with Fae'voila off his body and following her to the ground again, swapping their positions. Easily he swiped the knife from her hands, throwing it carelessly behind him. His tail always finding a part of her to wrap around, this time tapping against her thighs as it waved back and forth.

"Youre stuck with me."

He grinned, as he lent in and their lips clashed.

And Fae'voila knew, that being stuck with Neteyam was perhaps the greatest gift Eywa had ever bestowed.