All That Is Me Is Gone

It was night when she had to let him go.

Fae had been to too many funeral then felt right, her fathers was a quiet event, no Na'vi cried apart from her mother, the sounds of her sobs in the vacuum of noise still haunted her dreams
Her mother's had been long awaited by many, it was an inevitable thing.

She could never had imagined this. She knelt above his body, drawing a delicate pattern on his cheek with her touch, so lightly as though she was scared his skin would crack, and he would turn to dust like clay.

She hummed quietly, she sang her songcord intertwining it with his, under her breath. But now her cord would always be longer, his lost in the beginning of her own. Jake and Neytiri knelt opposite her, waiting for her to finsish before they would let him rest with the Metkayina ancestors.

She found comfort that Eywa would ensure he saw his home again, as he became one with the earth.

Her hands shook as she lent down gently, pressing a kiss to each of his eyelids, mourning the way they no longer fluttered under her careful touch.

She knelt back, taking Neytiris hand gently in hers, and hissing her knuckles. The mother figured kissed the young girl on the cheek, her body numb to the loving touch. Jake touched his palm to the side of her neck, looking into her eyes before nodding slightly.

Fae stood on shaking legs, letting Ao'nung take her under his arm with Tsireya under his other, Roxto placing a kiss on Fae's cheek, his arm round her waist in comfort.

The small group watched the Sullys lead Neteyam into the waves. Tears fell, yet she hardly noticed, her body numb. She wanted more time, she wanted to be cruel and to have never let him go and save that human boy.

Watching his family mourn as his form disappeared beneath the waves into the unforgiving sea.

The ocean that she had taken its generosity too often for granted, that she had forgotten it must also take.

Fae felt her heart shatter. She fell into her grief selfishly.