Jungle Boy

Water flowed around the small group, they were thigh deep in the clear water as Tsireya called the Ilus over to them.
Fae'voila had only just joined, after spending as much time wasting she could before finally caving and fulfilling her promise to Reya that she would help teach.

Fae had very briefly been introduced to the Sully children after her performance.

"i liked your song," the boy, Neteyam, smiled, his words failing him to say anything that would make a real impression on the girl.
But instead of looking down on him, she gave him a private smile, something so simple that felt like his and his alone.
"That means a lot to me, so i thank you deeply."

Ao'nung stood behind Fae protectively, though he would not admit it out loud, he disliked the way the forest boy looked at her. Tsireya also seemed to notice the fact Ao'nung seemed to be stuck to her side aswell, and was thoroughly annoyed by her new shadow.

"Riding ilu is not easy." Tsireya stated, "it will be easier if we go in smaller groups."

The Metkayinas could not help but roll their eyes at her thinly veiled plan, but Fae did nothing to stop the girls plotting.

"Roxto, introduce Tuktirey to the Ilus, let her pet and feed them as she is too young to ride alone, and Ao'nung will help kiri."
Tuk frowned slightly but did nothing to complain when lo'ak shot her a look, causing kiri to roll her eyes as she took tuks hand and followed a scowling Ao'nung and a more pleasant Roxto away, moving a bit closer to shore so that Tuk could stand comfortably in the more shallow water.

This left the two girls and two boys, fae trying her best to focus and ignore Neteyams burning gaze on her, that seemed to have no wavered since she had arrived, causing her skin to prickle.

Tsireya smiled encouragly at her, taking fea'voilas hand and pushing her towards Neteyam, placing her hand on his arm, pushing both away.
"Go teach Neteyam, voila." She gave in, looking up to Neteyam, seeing him blink one eye at his younger brother with a lopsided grin, as he turn and left.

They waded away from the others to have room, before curiosity got the best of fae'voila. "What was that thing you did with your eyes?"
He looked at her in confusion, tilting his head and she almsot regretted bringing his full attention to herself, blushing under his intense yellow eyes.

"Hm? Oh you mean winking?"
She frowned but nodded anways. A smirk grew across his features and she realised how similar he looked to his mother.

"Like this, right?" He blinked one eye at her, his stupid smirk still playing across his face, seemingly amused by her confusion. "You try it, its a way of saying you are sharing a secret that others dont know."

Fae'voila nodded before attempting the 'wink', causing Neteyam to laugh warmly, the sound making her heart flutter annoyingly.

Neteyam chose not to tell her she had just blinked with both eyes, her nose scrunching up with concentration,
"did i do it right?"

He nodded, his tail flicking up against her thigh, good-naturedly. "Now, we can share secrets."
She smiled, nodding before exaggeratedly blinking again, causing Neteyam to smile widely and wink back.

Neteyam sat up on the ilu, as Fae'voila held up the ilus queue for Neteyam to connect and form the bond.

"You hold on tight" Fae instructed, closing her hand tightly on top of his over the ilus saddle, removing it only for neteyam to loosen his grip, earning him a slap on the back of the head.
"ow."
"You need to listen, i say hold tight you hold tight, look!"
She pointed to wear lo'ak was setting off on his ilu too fast, only to immediately fall off and earning a jeering laugh from Ao'nung and Roxto, as Tsireya tried and failed to hide her giggle.

"Okay, point taken."

"So, you listen to me or i stop being so nice."

Neteyam re-adjusted on the ilu, rolling his
muscled shoulders as he brushed his braids out his face, muttering, "if this is you being nice..."

"Shush jungle boy and ride."

She tapped the ilu on the back, watching as neteyam sunk slowly below the water, before re-surfacing further out, yelling in victory as he stuck his fist up, breaking his concentration as he looked back at where Fae'voila stood laughing, covering her face as the ilu dove back under and neteyam slipped off, gasping a breath above the water as he cursed.

The ilu bobbed its head up next to Neteyam innocently, Neteyam swore at it colourfully and swung his leg over, sitting back on, riding back over to fae with a bashful grin.

"Youre a good teacher" he mused, offering out a hand to lift her up in front of him. Fae accepted his hand, Neteyams tail once again brushing against her thigh as she settled onto the saddle.

"You are mischief Neteyam." He quirked his head behind her, leaning over her shoulder slightly, "you and your mischievous tail. Misbehaving like the water."

He huffed a laugh against her neck, one hand still holding the saddle, the other innocently on her waist, and suddenly all she could sense was Neteyam,

"Most think im quite responsible."

"Most do not see you as i do."