Tell Me Why This Must End

They had lost Tuk. It had been a blur of yells and gun fire, Tuk spotting Kiri through the water and racing to her side, Reya and Fae being separated from her by an armed boat chasing after them.

Fae held tightly onto Tisreya as they dived down deeply on her ilu, going to where they could not be harmed by the guns or the falling debris. She slipped off the ilu's back calling to her own, until she came swimming out the weeds, barrelling into her side as a hug. Her heart fluttered in relief of her girl being okay, letting her ilu drag her to the surface again.

Fire was burning around them, the water dark from the spilled oil from the monster's ships. She scowled, her heart breaking for her planet, feeling so deeply for the hurt of Eywa.

"This way!" Tsireya called, her own ilu moving slightly slower, tired from the events. She ducked under hanging wires, moving round into a large clearing within the ship, Fae following smoothly behind her.

"lo'ak!"
Reya yelled, as he ran frantically, diving fron the platform into the sea, bullets flying above their heads. He was followed closely behind by the human boy, Spider, Fae assumed. She blinked in shock, at his strange movements and his ease of being with the Na'vi, he was unusual.

Neteyam dived in last, Fae allowing herself to smile as she saw him finally, her heart lifting.

"We did it cuz!"
Lo'ak celebrated, high-fiving the human as they tread water, Tsireya ginned along, her shoulder's noticeably less heavy.

Fae smiled looking round at her friends she loved so dearly, until she stopped.

Her blood ran cold.

Neteyam was struggling to stay afloat.

"Nete!" She breathed, voice breaking as she slid of her ilu and into the freezing water.
His movements were sloppy with pain as the others turned to look, Lo'aks smile fading fast.

"Bro, they got me. Im shot damn it."

Her world froze, but she kept moving. Fae gripped his arm, calling to Lo'ak to help her, together they slid him onto her ilu's back, reya steadying Neteyam from the other side as he writhed in pain.

Lo'ak held him on firmly, his eyes panicked, lost at the severity and the state of his big brother, his best friend.

"Go!" Fae spurred them on, pushing the ilu gently, Reya pulling Spider onto her ilu behind her as they reached the shore.

They hit the rocks, yells of commands as the teens scrambled, lifting him up the rocks to lay on the wet ground.

"We-we need to stop the bleeding." Fae instructed, her mind going into autopilot, she pushed her hands against his chest, her hands now slick with her love's blood.

Tears fell, falling onto his chest as Lo'ak gently pushed her hands out the way, replacing hers with his own hands.

Neteyams hand reached out, touching her jaw lightly. She let out a surprised sob, looking down at him with so much regret it made her ache.

"Its okay, its okay. You're okay Nete." She comforted, her voice hushed, but she needed him to hear. To believe her.

He let his hand fall, and the cold wind pricked her face, as she called out to him, desperate to keep him conscious, to keep his eyes on her.

She was ripped away by the arrival of Jake, she looked up at him as he stared down at his son in fearful horror. Jake touched his palm quickly yet gently to the top of her head, as she let Tsireya pull her next to her. Reya held her hand softly. And that scared Fae the most.

Neytiri landed swiftly, frantic to get to her son, her eyes wide as she stared at the whole in her baby's heart.

"Dad.." Neteyam hissed in pain, Jake pushing Lo'ak hands heavier on his chest to trying and plug the endless ebb of blood. "Dad i want to go home."
Neteyam breathed through clenched teeth, his chest tising and falling erratically.

Fae covered her mouth, stifiling a cry, only to paint her face maroon.
Her Neteyam. Who never once complained of leaving His Peoples, who stayed strong for his family, who never let slip he was anything but strong.
Her heart broke for the boy forced to grow up too soon, the boy raised in war as a symbol of hope, the boy would do anything for his family.

Reya's hand squeezed her gently, her own eyes wet with tears, her lips downturned and wobbling.

Jake comforted his son, smoothing back his hair, muttering promises Fae prayed Neteyam would see come to fruition.

"Dad I-"

The world went quiet, the only noise the painful rage of a mother mourning her first son. Her baby. But Fae heard none of it, as his skin grayed and his eyes lost something so innately him.

Fae sat and stared, waiting for him to open his beautiful yellow eyes and to smile at her, waiting to go home and sit on the beach with him, to star gaze and to sing and dance together.
She took his hand, feeling no twitching muscles or tightening around her own hand. Shaking his hand, the over whelming wave of loss crashing down on her, filling her lungs and crushing her in its hold.

The part best part of Fae was killed that day. Lost forever to the lifeless boy laying cold in her arms. 

The Na'vi say that love never dies. That it may feel like death when one of the people dies, but it is simply a fresh start, a new lifetime of learning to live with the love left behind. A shadow of grief now your only companion.

Fae did not want that life, a life of missing Neteyam wherever she may go, for the rest of her days and nights that she may love him.

For her forever