Bring Back What Once Was Mine

War has become a way of life, Jake Sully has made it his mission to sink all hunting ships. He would come back bloody and tired with Neytiri, Fae would often help to clean any wounds and stitch up cuts. It took a while, but Lo'ak now goes with him. He had become more responsible, now not having his big brother to back him up.

Fae was somewhat aimless, her writings were pathetic and mopey, nothing that would be suitable to sing, nothing that could be danced to alone.

"Eywa has her ways," kiri would comfort, she had become a good friend of Fae's after everything, the two teen girls laying in the shallow water or climbing the highest tree they could find. "I know i am here for a reason. The water whispers to me."

"You are something else Kiri," Fae smiled so small, if you werent looking for it you would miss it. "Your strength is to be admired."

"So is yours, Fae. This does not have to be the end."

Her words confused Fae slightly, but she was too tired to push. She simply nodded, touching her hand softly to Kiris cheek.

"Thank you for being my friend."

"Always."

Kiri and her family were scouting beyond the reef. Kiri rarely tagged along on missions, but today Eywa seemed to urge her to leave, in the way the water was still. As if The Great Mother was holding her breath in anticipation. Something was to happen. Kiri could feel it.

It was a small ship, the cold grey a stark contrast to the ocean blue. Her dad slipped in through the sides with Lo'ak and Spider, her mum on her ikran landing on the roof of the boat, murder in her eyes.
Kiri rarely saw her mum happy anymore, she was either numb or angry.

Kiri slipped down to the bottom of the sea bed as they attacked swiftly, having no desire to be a warrior like her dad, she was made for something else. The pressure tightened around her body like a child's wrap, as she allowed herself to float deeper around the vibrant coral and the agitated sea creatures.

Eywa was trying to tell her something.
Or maybe show her, as Kiri caught sight of a glowing...form. It gave off a strange beacon of life as she swam deeper, the gold glow from the sea bed illuminating her face, her deep blue skin prickling.

Eywa seemed to be unwrapping the form from her bed, giving it back to the sea. She couldnt help the knowing smile that broke across her features as she swam faster, finally closing her five fingers around the body. Her tears diluting the ocean, as she gently stroked the forms sleeping face, peaceful in his slumber.

She pushed back up, the weight surprisingly light, as Eywa aided her to her accent back up. She knew it couldnt have been the end.

Finally she broke the surface, her ilu swimming to her side to help her stay afloat, as the body gasped a breath as soon as his face hit the air.
"Kiri! What is..."
"No fucking way, Mom!"
"Eywa, Great Mother! Thank you!"
"Neteyam?!"

Fae'voila sat on the sandy beach with Tsireya and Tuk, as they threaded pearls onto head pieces.

"This is so unfair," Tuk pouted, staring out into the waves, she had made a tiny toy knife out of a piece of coral. Despite it being a 'toy', Fae had witnessed the little girl draw blood from Lo'ak. Fae suspected she simply wanted to be like her biggest brother. "I want to go too!"

Tsireya patted the girls arm comfortingly as she giggled, "when you are older, you will go. I have no doubt you will be a mighty warrior, tuktirey."

Tuk simply sighed dramatically, flipping onto her front and stretching.

"When will you sing again, Voi?" Tuk changed the subject, looking up at her with large eyes.

"Im not sure, tuk-tuk. At the moment, the village do not want me to sing, they say i am 'dull'."

She whispered leaning in close, as though they were conspiring, causing tuk to giggle.

"Youre not dull!"

"Oh well I appreciate your lies, my little number one fan."

Tuk giggled, before turning back to watch the sea.
"I miss your songs. They reminded me of home."

Fae smiled sadly, before allowing Tsireya to place the pearl headpeice she had been working on, on her friends head. She smiled, "sing tuk a song, Fae. It will lift her spirits. I must admit, i have also missed your music dearly."

Fae hesitated no longer as she pulled tuk under her chin, as she began to sing a sweet melody. It was a song of healing, of rebirth and the returning of ones lost love. She sung sweetly and quietly, a few na'vi who were fishing in the shallow water and collecting shells, looked up at the sound of her voice, smiling softly at the broken girl who was slowly healing.

In the distance, she spotted the Sullys and Co returning, skimming quickly across the waves. Neytiri flew above on her ikran, it almost looked as though she was holding a body, but it was most likely just supplies.
Tuk sat up, breaking free and running so her feet were in the sea.

"Theyre back! Theyre back! That was so quick!

"Somethings not right," Tsireya frowned, also standing, her second pearl head crown forgotten in the sand at her feet.

The sound of a horn could be heard, sudden hot panic running through them all.
Someone must have been injured, Fae fretted, chest tightening.

"Tuk come along," Reya took Faes hand, all three girls running round to the landing beach, along with half the village.

Neytiri landed, but instead of jumping off like she usually did, she readjusted the body in her arms. It was a body. Fae tried to get a better look through the crowd, Tuk had slipped away, pushing until she reached lo'ak, who along with the others had now jumped onto the shore.

Jake reached up to his mate, taking the body gently from her so she could slip off. As soon as her feet touched the sand, she was back to stroking the body's face carefully.

"My son..." she whispered and Faes heart stopped. Lo'ak was stood at jakes side, which mean that body was...
no...
Her feet were frozen to the ground, as though the waves had stopped turning and the wind had stopped blowing.

Even as his face turned in his fit-full sleep, facing her, she could see him.
It was him.

Her Neteyam.

He opened his eyes blearily, still pressed against his fathers chest.

No, thats not possible.
She had watched his beautiful yellow eyes grey, she had watch the life slip from him.
For fucks sake she had watched him die! She mourned and grieved and whatever was happened right now was not funny.

"Give them space!" The chief called, trying very hard not to freak out. "Eywa has blessed us! She has returned what was lost!"
A horn blew again, and a tear slipped from her numb cheek.

Fae stood there long after everyone had dispersed. They had taken him away, back to their shelter. After a while, Kiri came looking for her.
"Fae?" She asked quietly, and that shattered her.
Kiri caught her as she slipped to the ground, staring at her hands through the cloudy tears in disbelief.

"Hes dead, kiri. I watched him die."

"Eywa showed me him, she searched my heart and returned him to us. To all of us."

Kiri brought her friends head to lay against her chest, "take your time, Fae. I know, i know."

"This is a dream... i am connected to Eywa, she is showing me this to punish me."

"It is real, my sister. i would never lie to you."