Can You Hear The Drumming?

"They hunt the tulkun. They hunt us. They kill our brothers and sisters. We go to war."

It was a miserable day. Raining heavily and greying clouds as far as the eye could see. Tropical starms were not unusual, with the heavy fog and downpour. Fae liked the rain, but she couldnt help but miss the sun.

Like right now, surrounded by her vengeful clan, she missed the sun more then ever.

She pushed through the crowd, desperately trying to keep sight of Reya before bumping into Neteyam, her breathing ragged. Looking up at him with wide damp eyes, her wavy hair weighed down by the rain, water dripping down her pale face.

"They killed her Tulkun?" Her voice was trembling and hushed, staring at Neteyam with something akin to fury in her kind eyes for the devastation of her Tsahik's loss. She swallowed deeply, hope written in the way she held herself, her hand on his chest, that it was untrue.

He was holding a large torpedo looking object, only knowing what one looked like as one had washed up on shore only a couple days ago.

"They did, the humans did. They are hunting all tulkun, they-theyre trying to get to my dad."
His voice was hushed, almost scared though he would not let his armour crack, not with his brother and sisters so close, not when they needed him. "But Fae, the people demand war."

"Good." She practically spat, her rage was uncomfortable, her heart hurting for the injustice played by these aliens. "They cannot come to our world and destroy it, just like they did their own. We must fight for our home, our brothers and sisters. It is not fair, my Nete.
It is not right!"

Neteyam nodded his head solemnly, his free hand resting upon her own on his chest, opening his mouth to reply, only to be cut of by the Chief.
Tonowari was calling for war. Ronal stood by his side, stewing in her rage and her aguish alike.

When Fae had found her own Tulkun dead, she had mirrored the sea's storm, if given the chance, she would have raged war. Instead she had sung as it was all she could do. With bared teeth and snapping several of her fans on accident in the process.

Neteyam rallied behind his father, Jake begging the people to send away the tulkuns.
"The humans will never stop. The will take and take from you."

Tonowari took in Jake Sully's words carefully, before ruling he was right, agreeing to send the tulkuns to where they would be safe.

Fae held Tsireya's hand close to her chest, fighting the fear that threatened to choke her.

She held Reya's hand just she had when her mother died, like on their first day of school, and through every win and loss they should face together.

Lo'ak seemed restless, abruptly breaking out from the crowd, Neteyam casting Fae a small nod that they would talk later before following after his brother.

Ao'nung, who had been jeering the whole gathering, placed his arms protectively around the two girls, dragging them away from the rowdy meeting.

They all mourned Ronal's sister and her child, it was a vile act of cruelty.

"Jake Sully brought them here," Roxto voiced, brows furrowed, once they had made distance with the crowd, stood on the pathways to the huts. "he brought the humans to our shores."

fae shook her head fervently, rain invading her sight weighing down her lashes, her entire body vibrating with unreleased tension.

"They were already hunting the Tulkun, think of Payakan. This was inevitable. They wont ever stop trying to steal from and kill us. There must be a revolution, we cannot let this be fought by others for us, not when it is all of our war."

Whilst Fae spoke, Tuk and Kiri walked over to them, and Kiri smiled at her, seemingly touched by her words of solidarity towards the Sullys.

Roxto placed his chin on top of Fae'Voilas head in support and concession, lifting it up suddenly as he heard a sound.
It sounded like lo'ak and Neteyam arguing, the Metkayina, Kiri frowning as her ears twitched, shared a look before going in search of the voices with a sudden urgency placed in their bones.