Outcast

"The tulkun saved my life!" Lo'ak argued, glaring round the circle at the doubtful looks on the teens.

"Sure thing. Not like Tulkuns only travel in packs. They are never alone." Ao'nung laughed mockingly.

Tsireya frowned, reaching forward and grasping lo'aks arm in comfort.

"Well he saved me. He was large and missing a flipper. And he was alone."

"The only tulkun who travels alone is...Payakan."

"Payakan?" Lo'ak tested the name in his mouth, smiling.

"It cant be, Payakan is a deadly killer. He is outcast. Do not tell me you encountered Payakan and lived to tell the tale."

Fae couldnt take it any longer, standing and leaving abruptly. Removing herself from the situation. Neteyam got up to follow, concern painting his face, before Tsireya waved him off.

"Dont. Her soul sister was killed by Payakan. It is a sore subject for her."

Neteyam gave her retreating form another glance before nodding acceptance. He grinned, rubbing his brothers shoulders playfully,
"my baby bro, the mighty warrior. Faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it"

Lo'ak shoved his mocking brother off with a his, standing abruptly.

"No, no," lo'ak watched where Fae had just been moments before, "you guys arent listening to me."

"No im listening lo'ak" Tuk called out on deaf ears.

"He didnt kill your sister."

Lo'ak had found Fae'voila easily, she was sat infront of her hut, skinning a fish. She did not look up as his shadow swallowed her, only kept working.

"I do not know what happened that day, lo'ak." She spoke carefully and quietly. "I was not there."

"I know Payakan. He would never have hurt your sister."

"And i believe that you believe that. I do not know what to believe. All i know is that i saw her body, i cried against her heart and i was stained with her blood. I miss her dearly. She was too young."

"I...I'm sorry for your loss."

"It is not your fault lo'ak, and it very well may not have been Payakan's. I do not blame him, because i do not know his side of the story. I cannot blame who i do not know."

"Then ill find out."