Taylor

Hello!!! Just a disclaimer. I have
horrible grammar. So pls don't get too mad at my spelling or grammar mistakes. Thx, and enjoy the story :)))

—————————————————————-

    I opened my eyes to see the golden glow of the morning sun coming out of my apartment window.

"Uggg" I groaned.

    I did not want to get up and ready for the school day. I rolled over and felt a familiar wet and sticky feeling all over my sheets.

"Not again" I sighed disappointedly.

   I have been wetting the bed almost every night since the... incident when I was 7.
I sat myself up, grabbed the sheets off my bed, and walked toured the washing machine.

  Once I got that over with I headed to my shower. I doubted the shower would have warm water. Ever since I ran away I've lived in a very crappy apartment. It was all I could afford
————————————————————————

I brushed my cold and wet hair so it sat straight. It wouldn't stay like that for long though, my hair is naturally very fluffy.

I tied my natural almost white-blonde hair into pigtails. Then tied little light pink bows onto them. Even though I have very little money, I still tried very hard to appear stylish.

I had on a light pink tank top, a dark blue Jean skirt with little pink bows on them, childlike Velcro shoes, with some long white socks.

Most of my clothes were very childish because child clothing is cheaper, and I'm very small for my age, so they just fit better.

I grab my pink backpack full of rips off my wobbly kitchen table. I swing it over my shoulder and head out the door. Without breakfast of course.
———-⚠️ Eating disorder warning ⚠️————
(mention specific weight)

I only eat one small meal every two days for two reasons. One, I don't have enough money to buy food. Two, I'm trying to get under 85 pounds. I'm currently 100 pounds, and in the 25th percentile for my age. My BMI is also in the dangerously underweight category for my age, But I still feel fat.

——-⚠️ Eating disorder warning over ⚠️——

Walking out of my small apartment, once I reach the exit door of the run-down apartment building I am stopped by a large hand on my shoulder. I quickly turn around to see my overweight, gray-haired, Santa clause looking, landlord. His green eyes stare into my soul. He looks at me and smirks, licking his lips. My heart stops.

I'm only 14, and I live alone, which is illegal. When I was getting my apartment, my landlord refused to sell it to me. But I NEEDED that place. So he made a... "deal" with me. He told me that if I could do this... "favor" for him, he'll let me stay.

"We're you going baby," my landlord's harsh raspy voice asks.

"T-to s-school" my tiny voice whimpers.

"Sorry sweats you might not make it to school today."

"W-why is t-that," I asked, now starting to
panic.

"Because I need a favor," he says while walking closer to me.

I look at the little green door hanging on the crumbling walls of the front desk room. The room was very dark. There was a large vintage desk on the Left side of the door which has a ripped-up rolly chair behind it. The walls were bare, only covered by the pealing off yellow paint that was sloppily painted on the walls.

I so badly want to run out of that tiny green door. I so badly just want to make it to school, see my friends, learn new stuff, and hang out with my amazing teachers, But I can't. I owe my landlord. We made a deal. I can't break it.
------------------- 1 hour later -------------------

I quickly ran out the green door of the apartment complex. Tears rolled down my childish face. I ran through the small parking lot in front of the building and hopped onto the sidewalk.

I slow my pace, now walking in the direction of my high school. I take some deep breaths and straighten my tank top. After I was done with the... "favor" I quickly threw on my clothes, not wanting to stay another moment with that man. I want to shower so badly. I feel so dirty.

I approach the front of my high school. the high school I go to has a large open campus. The school has 1,000 students, I like it though. Almost everyone in this school is like family to me. I'm not even popular or anything like that. It's just that almost everyone in this school is so caring and nice.

I walk up to the attendance office, which is a separate little building in front of the school, and ring the little bell.

"Hello!!" A cheery old woman greets me through the window.

"Hello!!" I greet back, "may a please have a late slip."

"Of course darling" she smiled.

I was handed an pink late slip and made my way to my first period, which was probably almost over. My first period was on the other end of campus. The class is digital photography. The class is a pretty easy "A" so I was fine with it. The class was kinda strange though, almost all the students are upperclassmen.
-------------------------------------------------------

    I hand my late slip to my teacher and walk to my seat

I hand my late slip to my teacher and walk to my seat. I sit with a junior called Haley in the back of the class. We're sorta friends, I've gotten to know her pretty well over the first few months of school. I enjoy her company. I take my seat and try to focus on the lesson about shutter speed.

My mind goes deep into thought I think about my job, and how I don't think I have enough money to make it through this month. I think about my rumbling stomach, and how I can't eat, because I'm on a strict diet. I think about what happened this morning with my landlord, man I still want to shower so bad. I think about how badly I want to tell someone about what I'm going through but I can't.

Ever since the... incident when I was 7, along with other strange habits the trauma has caused me to develop, it's also given me really bad trust issues. I couldn't trust anyone, not even my parents. I have no one.

   I started to silently cry into my hands. As I cried, I also slipped my thumb into my mouth, and lightly sucked on it. I seem to suck on my thumb every time there is a stressful encounter.

I started to feel dizzy, my heart was racing, and I felt nauseous. I was for sure having a panic attack.

I just sat on my desk, thumb in my mouth, tears falling from my eyes, breathing fast, holding my eyes shut tight. There was this fog that was taking over, I felt so out of control. So... little?

"Hey, you okay there?"