The babysitter

---------------------Anjali POV--------------------

    I stand in the middle of Asher's living room with a racing mind, but I try to block out all my questions and just focus on the crying little girl in my arms. Sucking her thumb, she was trying to calm herself down.

   I take her over to the portable highchair and try to strap her down. I needed to find that schedule asher was talking about. When I tried to put Taylor in the highchair, she started to kick and scream.

   "Taylor!! We don't behave like that!! Now stay still so I can strap you in." I try to assert in a way that won't cause her panic.

   Taylor shoots me a death stare and continues her tantrum. Not being very large or strong, I eventually got Taylor in the highchair, but her fight was not over. "I WANT OUT!!" She yells. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? IM 14 YEARS OLD AND DON'T NEED A FUCKING HIGHCHAIR!! Why do you guys treat me like I'm a baby? I don't get it, I just want to go home... I'm scared."

    Taylor's vulnerability caught me off guard, I haven't heard the girl say much since I met her, so the outburst was surprising. I know why Asher wants me to treat her so young, it's because of the way she looks and behaves. She wets the bed, sucks her thumb, spills her drinks, and is super emotional. Asher and I treat her like she's a baby because she sorta is one.

    I lean down so that I'm leveled with the upset girl in the high chair. "Baby... Asher and I are just... Protective, over you. We are just trying to keep you safe while we figure this stuff out."

   "Why can't you just let me go home" mumbled Taylor ever so quietly.

   "Taylor... You don't have a home. Where ever you live is illegal and not safe. I don't know what relationship you have with your landlord, but I think you should stay away from him. Your 14 sweetheart, you're not old or mature enough to live alone. So until we figure this out, your staying with asher and me, or, we can call child protection services." I gently note.

Taylor's bottom lip starts to quiver, and tears fill her big sparkly eyes. "P-please don't" Taylor pleads with pain in her sweet voice.

"We'll ll do all we can to prevent that, okay?" Taylor nods her head in agreement.

"Okay then, you sit nicely in your chair while I go find something." I voice.

I go into the kitchen and begin looking through drawers and cabinets to find the schedule. Finally, I find the schedule I've been looking for, the little space schedule. I'm a little confused about why Asher wants me to follow the little space schedule for Taylor. I know that she has regressive tendencies, but I didn't know Asher was going to full on treat her like a little.

   I glance at the schedule while walking into the playroom. I pick out some drawing supplies for Taylor so that she'll stay out of trouble while I make breakfast.

     "Here you go darling, you can draw while I make us some breakfast," I say while setting the drawing supplies on the highchair tray.

   "Th-thank you but I don't eat breakfast." Informed Taylor.

     "Well, it's been a very long time since you last ate. So I think you should eat some yummy food!"

    Defeated, Taylor nods her head. "Can I at least get out of this chair though?" she requests.

   "Love, your going to have to stay strapped into the highchair. Just till I trust you won't run away again. Why do you want out, do you have to go potty"

    Taylor blushed at my choice of words and repeatedly shook her head no.
———————————————————————

   20mins later, I managed to finish cooking pancakes. I prepared a dish for Taylor and me, making sure to fill a sippy cup of milk for her as well. Before serving the food I had to go over to Taylor and clean up the art supplies.