The last straw

Asher stood in complete shock. He honestly didn't even know how to react. He's been a therapist to people with many sorts of mental illnesses, but never an eating disorder.

After Taylor finished she collapsed on the floor, too weak to even lift her head. After a long battle of not eating for days, her body was at its last straw.

   Asher ran to Taylor's side and dropped to the floor beside her. He quickly lifted her but Taylor jumped in fear and pushed Asher's hands off her.

   The room went silent, but the quiet spoke levels above any noise. Taylor, now sitting up, maintained detect eye contact with the teary-eyed Asher.

   Then, out of nowhere, Taylor broke. It was like a lifetime supply of tears escaped her eyes all at once. She put her head in her hands and didn't hold back.

   The sincerity of Taylor's tears was too much for Asher. Before he knew it silent tears ran down the man's face. Without hesitation, he scooped Taylor into his arms and hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

"It's okay angel, your okay" Asher hushed, voice cracking between tears.

Taylor maintained a strong grasp on Asher's shirt. She was experiencing something she's never felt before. Something that was taken away from her. Something she never imagines being able to feel. Taylor felt safe.

Asher's tight grip on the girl's declining body gave her a feeling of comfort. Gave her reassurance. Reassurance that everything will be okay, she's safe.

"Promise you won't leave me," Taylor spoke softy.

"I promise. I promise I never leave you. I promise that when you are with me you'll always be safe. No matter what you say or do I'll never leave your side. I will listen and understand your every word. I promise. I promise no matter what I will never stop loving you."

There was a moment of silence and tears before Taylor spoke again. "What do you mean to love me? That's weird if you have a crush on me, I'm only 14."

"No, not like that sweetie" He laughed wiping his tears with his hoodie sleeve. "I love you differently. I love you like a father loves his children. Do you understand?"

"I don't think my parents ever loved me..."

"My parents never loved me either. I never was able the experience the feeling of being loved, but thanks to you, I know what it feels like to love someone."

Asher held Taylor in his arms until she fell into a deep sleep. Once he heard her soft snoring, he brought her upstairs. This time, not taking her into the guest room, but taking her into the nursery.

He was taking a slow approach to the age regression, acting on habits when they came up but had realized it was time to take a more sudden approach. When he opened the door to the roomy nursery, he took a pacifier from a cabinet and slipped it between her lips. Then carefully laid Taylor on the changing table.

He strapped her down and took a few steps away, questioning if he wanted to go through with this.

Seeing what Taylor does when she's unsupervised has inspired Asher to go ahead and force Taylor into regressing. Knowing that it will help her physically and emotionally is also a plus. Doing what Asher was already doing (slowly acting on regressive habits) is taking too long, and Taylor needs help now.

There were also cons. Taylor would hate what Asher doing to her. She already hates being treated like a preschooler, but as an infant, she's going to freak out. Also, what will the school be like for her? Would Asher keep having to ease her out of her headspace before going to school? But Taylor truly does need this.