Portect me

"You ready to get home little one?" Asher asks bouncing the girl slightly on his hip.

Taylor clings to Asher's neck, refusing to speak like usual. Her paci bobbed lightly between her pink lips.

"You are so cute!" Asher cooed, pecking her forehead as the pair exited the school and headed toward the student parking lot.

Taylor adjusts herself regularly, her wet diaper causing her lots of discomfort but she has no intention of telling Asher.

  Asher takes notice of the constant squirming. He pats her bony back soothingly "You okay princess?"

  Taylor maintains her silence, eyes cast downwards.

Asher is a bit confused about her demeanor but has a slight suspicion of what might be wrong. Once they made it to Asher's car, he opened the back door and set Taylor in her car seat. Taylor whined and squirmed a bit but was mostly obedient as Asher strapped her in.

Before heading to his seat Asher suck a finger into Taylor's diaper, she jumped and gasped from the sudden pain.

"On no, Baby how long have you been wet for?" Noticing her rash.

Taylor turned red, humiliated. She refused to talk, knowing it wouldn't make the situation any better. She realized talking wouldn't fix anything, keep her safe, and take her home. She is completely helpless.

Asher places a hand on the girl's forehead and frowns. "Princess you alright?" Anticipating an answer that doesn't come. "Alright, baby let's get you home so we can change that diapey of yours. I wish you would've told me you went pee pee lovely."

Asher hopped into the driver's seat, steering out of the parking lot.

Taylor started out the window, feeling disconnected and lost. She didn't know how to act or feel. Fighting isn't making anything better but giving in won't either. Why does everything bad happen to her? How come she can never escape?

For what feels like the 100th time over the past few days, tears roll down Taylor's cheeks, hopelessly lost tears. She sucked her wubby faster and faster bringing panic.

Never having good parents, good friends, or a loving caretaker her whole life Taylor relied on anyone. She's always been alone and it will always be that way. She didn't need anyone... right?

"A-Asher!!" She wails from the backseat.

Asher, in the middle of driving, glanced at the rearview mirror "Taylor? Hunny you okay?"

"H-help me" she shook in her car seat "Please"

Asher, frightened, pulled off into a random grocery store parking lot. He got out and opened the door to Taylor's seat. She sobbed and held her arms out for him. Asher quickly pulled her out of the straps and picked her up.

Taylor clung onto Asher's neck as if she was gonna be ripped away. "Please... I'm scared"

"Shhh shhh shh" he rocked her. "I'm here"

"I don't know what's happening... I-I feel- I-I feel scared" she wailed.

"I will keep you safe, trust me"

"H-how do I know that!? How d-do I know you won't hurt me." She takes a quick breath " I can't afford to be hurt again I can't"

"Have I hurt you before? I will keep you safe"

"P-protect me?"

"With my life" he hugs her so tight. Petting her hair and rocking her.

Taylor dug her fingers into Asher. All of the things that's happened to her throughout the past few days were hitting her. She dug her hands into the fabric of Asher's hoodie and breathed in his cologne. The cold wind nipped at her bare arms and the sound of the freeway they were parked next to.