Adjustments

"Stuck" Taylor replied simply.

"Can you elaborate baby?" asked Anjali.

"I can't get out. F-feel stuck." She tries to explain.

"You feel like you can't run away from the situation?" Asher chimed in.

Taylor nodded her head with three fingers in her mouth. She's gotten to a point where she doesn't even realize when she's sucking her fingers.

"Sweetheart you're not trapped. Sure you're going to be watched a lot more closely, and you're not going to be able to leave the house without supervision, but you're not trapped. You will always have the freedom to talk to me, Okay?" Asher soothed whilst pulling Taylor's slobbery fingers out of her mouth.

Taylor didn't reply in any way. She just gazed at her lap with teary eyes.

"Alright" Asher cheered, lifting Taylor off Ajali's lap with enthusiasm. "Time to eat some lunch!"

"NO!" Taylor fought.

"Taylor, no yelling in the house" asher scolds, setting her down in the portable highchair.

The moment Taylor's patted bottom hit the seat she began to kick her legs in full tantrum mode. "NO CHAIR" she cries.

Asher managed to wrestle her into the chair and strap the seat belt on, but the fight was not over. Taylor then tried pulling the restraints off which asher quickly put an end to.

"Taylor!! You need to calm some before your put in a timeout. Why are you fighting me?" Asher parents.

"Why can't I sit in a normal chair!!" Taylor whine's, making grabby hands towards the seat on her right.

"Because those chairs are for people who don't try and run away every time I turn your back. Your just too little." Asher hinted.

"EXCUSE ME, I NOT LIT-"

"Taylor!! Inside voices."

Taylor huffed and crossed her arms on her chest. Asher then placed a sectional dish with a PB and J sandwich, strawberries, and carrots. On the side was a sippy cup full of apple juice. Taylor sat and stared and the food. No way she was going to eat that.

After a few minutes, Asher looked up from eating his sandwich with Anjali, at the same table as Taylor. "Baby, is there something wrong?"

Anjali just sighed, she was doing the same thing she did to him this morning. "Taylor you haven't eaten anything in over 24 hours, you have to eat."

Taylor gave Anjali an annoyed gaze before slumping back in her chair.

   "Taylor is that true!?" Asher verified. It was unclear if his voice was concerned or angry.

    "W-well-"

   "WHAT" He yelled before she could even answer.

     Asher pushed his chair so he was sitting directly in front of Taylor. He made strict eye contact with the frightful girl before breaking his silence.

   "Eat or i'll make you"

   Taylor felt torn, she didn't want to make Asher mad, but she couldn't eat. She always felt this tremendous guilt every time she put food in her mouth. It felt wrong. She decided that she should just eat the food and throw it up in the bathroom. It was the only option.

Taylor picked up her fork and stabbed it into a strawberry before bringing it into her mouth. Asher's gaze softened, and a reassuring smile formed on his face.