A Dream??

"That's all for today, everyone rest for sometime. Then we will go out and inspect the surroundings again." Said Amy.

Everyone nodded and stopped the work. Amy put completed vehicle parts in her space.

Everyone went to backyard villa. As usual Liam and Ethan were carrying Ren. Amy took cooked food from her space and everyone had their lunch. While everyone was resting Amy sat beside Ren to inspect his health condition.

******

"Noo!!! Leave Ren, Don't come here" shouted Amy.

"I won't leave you alone Amy" I said when I saw group of zombies pouncing on Amy.

I formed an aura weapon in my hand and dashed towards zombies near Amy. I killed them mercilessly. Amy was in difficult position. She had many wounds on her body so I was trying to finish the battle quickly. But zombies were so strong and it was not easy to defeat them. Finally after fighting for almost 2 hours we were able to kill them. Amy fainted directly after the battle.

I carried her to an empty house nearby and used some medicines that we had in our backpack to mend her injuries.

After sometime Amy woke up, but she was weak.

"No this won't do. I will go and bring some nutritious food for you." I said.

"N..no ren, I..I..am fine. You don..don't..need to" said Amy weakly.

"Don't be stubborn Amy, Lie down here, I will quickly go and come" I said.

Before she could refute I exited from the house.

I tried to search for supermarket. Soon I did found one. I was delighted. I quickly went inside. As soon as I entered I saw my family members fighting with some zombies in supermarket. My heart tightened. I know they didn't like me much but I have debts that needs to be paid so I charged forward and help them kill zombies.

"B**tard, Did you purposely leave us behind" said my father in harsh tone.

"N..No..I was really attacked by those zombies and then got separated from you guys" I said.

"That better be the case, now that you are here quickly collect the supplies and escort us to some safe place." Said my father.

I clenched the dagger in my hand, but soon I calmed down and nodded to him. I can't go against them.

I started collecting the supplies. While I was collecting the supplies my sister was beside me, keeping eye on my every action. There was an iron door in her supermarket which led to a different section, but I didn't open it because I felt some ominous vibes coming from other side. But my sister directly opened the door. It was too late before I could warn her.

Once the iron door was opened, there was a little blast, probably some glass blasted. My sister was so scared that she directly pushed me forward and ran towards others. I was shocked that I stunned on the place. Before I could process anything I saw zombies coming out from the glass door which was just blasted. There were two doors, one door which was an iron door and another door which was behind an iron door which was just blasted.

I quickly moved out from the room and tried to close the iron door but till that time zombies were already near door and were trying to push open it. Zombies have developed a bit of intelligence by now and there strength has been increased. It was difficult for me to hold the door for long time.

I looked back at my adopted family and asked them to help me. They hesitated but soon my brother said something to them and they came forward to help me. I was really happy. They didn't abandoned me and were even coming to help me. But soon all my hopes shattered.

As soon as they reached near me they directly pushed me inside the room full of zombies through the gap, before they could close the door I heard the heart wrenching roar from Amy.

I was too stunned to think about anything. And before I could even stabilize myself zombies attacked me. I was stunned on the place that I didn't even resist. The people who I tried to protect were the ones who threw me in the pit of hell. Zombies started biting me. I was literally skinned alive by them. But surprisingly I didn't felt the pain I expected. Maybe because my heart was experiencing greater pain then my physical pain. I don't know.

I heard Amy banging the iron door and trying to open it. I heard her desperate voice to save me. But she was no match for my family members and was defeated easily. Tears rolled down my eyes. The people I was with from childhood couldn't be compared to a girl I met a few months ago. Simply hilarious.

I could feel my consciousness blurring and only one thought was lingering in my mind.

'Only..only if I have second chance, I won't choose the same path again. I will avenge myself.' thought ren as his consciousness blurred completely.

*****

"Noooo!!!!!!!!!" Shouted Ren as he suddenly opened his eyes.

Amy who was sitting beside Ren was startled.

"What happened ren??" Asked Amy.

Ren who was lying on the sofa was sweating profusely. He..he was scared but then he looked at girl who was sitting beside him. He was confused and surprised. Wasn't this the girl who warned him before and a girl who was shouting desperately to save him. '

What's happening??' thought ren as he massaged his head with fingertips.

But then he again looked around his surrounding and found he was in the completely different place.

"What happened ren?? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?? Did you see scary dream??" Asked Amy worriedly.

'Dream??? So was that all just a dream?? But it felt so real. Though I only roughly remember the dream, but I clearly remember this girl shouting desperately to save me. I don't remember her name though.' thought ren confusedly.

"Who..who..are you??" Asked Ren with hoarse voice.

"I am Amy, Do you remember I met you near police station?? I saw you coming injured from the forest so I brought you with us to treat you" said Amy.

Ren roughly remembered what happened now. So he was injured and amy saved him and whatever he saw before was just a dream.