A light is born

Age: /
Word count: 707
Summary: Nats pregnancy with Alena

9 months was a long time, even for Natasha. Though she loved being pregnant, over time it became a little inconvenient.

As soon as she told the team, they walked on eggshells around her. Fury laid her off on all missions, much to her dismay.

Even though Nat knew it would be dangerous for her baby and herself to go on missions, she craved being active. She felt like she needed some sort of action to stay sane.

Soon though, she felt the live inside her growing. Her belly got bigger and she was now visibly pregnant, unable to blame it on having eaten too much.

Around 5 months into her pregnancy, the little one started kicking. At first Natasha felt it only slightly, almost like someone was tickling her, but as time went on and her little girl got bigger, a kick to the ribs wasn't so fun anymore.

Yes, Nat and Steve really wanted to know what they were having, even though they just wanted their child to be healthy.

That was the reason that they didn't throw a gender reveal party either. Nat found it silly to make such a big fuss about it and Steve wasn't familiar with it anyways.

So, they just went to the doctors, just the two of them, to find out what they were having.

When it was finally revealed that they were having a girl, both parents were more than happy. Nat always dreamt of having a daughter, but never dared to think she would at some point.

Of course, Natashas family wasn't left in the dark. It took some convincing on Steve's part, but in the end, she caved and gave her sister Yelena a call.

Yelena was by far the most excited for the little one to arrive. Even though she felt a little betrayed that Natasha only told her when she was 8 months in, she was glad to hear from her sister once again.

The day finally arrived. It was in the middle of the night, when Natasha woke up, a wet feeling under her sheets.

,,Steve, Steve wake up, I think it's time"

The assasin muttered, shaking her boyfriend slightly. He didn't move an inch though.

,,Дерьмо (shit)"

She swore, before she got out of bed.

,,Steve, for fucks sake your daughter is about to arrive"

Natasha tried once more, shaking Steve a little more violent now.

He finally turned, sleepy and confused, he looked at the redhead.

,,Come on, I think its time"

Natasha informed him, basically pulling him off the bed.

,,Time for what?"

The supersoldier asked groggily. He rubbed his eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.

,,The baby is on her way, dipshit. Hey JARVIS, please wake banner and tell him to come to medbay"

The redhead explained, before a sharp pain shot through her lower abdomen.

,,Ааа, черт возьми (goddammit)"

She swore, clutching her stomach.

,,Miss Romanoff, Dr. Banner is in the medbay now" 

JARVIS informed.

Steve had now lost his sleepiness, as his preparental panic set in.

,,Thanks JARVIS. Cmon Nat, let's have our girl"

He sighed, pressing a kiss to Natashas red hair.

...

Hours later and a lot of screaming, a baby's scream rang through the compound.

Natasha, still heavily breathing and Steve, slightly lightheaded, held their baby girl.

She was tinier than the average baby, a tuff of red hair on her head and the brightest blue eyes.

,,She has your nose"

Steve noticed, gently stroking his girlfriends hand.

,,You think?"

Natasha responded, looking at her daughter in adoration.

,,Alena Lubov Romanoff"

Steve muttered, his gaze laid upon his daughter as well.

Natasha looked up at him, confusion lingering in her eyes.

,,Romanoff? She's your daughter too. We should give her your last name"

She mentioned, her green eyes sparkling at him. Steve smirked.

,,Romanoff-Rogers it is then"

He sighed.

,,You are so loved, мой маленький свет (my little light)"

Nat whispered to her little girl.

The world was okay that day. Little Alena Lubov had entered this world, with two loving parents and the Avengers already charmed by her.

Alena Lubov Romanoff would grow up eventually, but right now, her journey had just begun...