Voicemail

Age: 19
Word count: 621
Summary: After Natashas death, Alena finds the last voice mail she's got from her mom

Alena sat in her room on her bed.

She locked the door and blasted music through her stereo.

Why?

The 19 year old was swiping through her gallery, looking at old pictures of her mom and her.

She would be lying if she said she didn't cry, because every little thing reminded her of her Mom.

But, she didn't want her dad to hear her cry and the music drowned everything else out, so it was perfect.

Little did Alena know, Steve knew that his daughter was crying. He knew that she was grieving.

At first, he tried to get in, but he realised soon that Alena wouldn't talk to him as of now.

The 19 year old swiped and swiped until she reached the bottom of her gallery.

She had all the childhood pictures of her and her parents.

The little girl she once was in the pictures was smiling brightly next to the two adults.

Alena knew that she resembled her mom greatly and she'd always been proud of it, but now, every time she looked in a mirror, she almost cried.

She blamed herself and she blamed the world around her for Natashas death.

She blamed the stupid purple Alien for wiping out half of the population and making them go make up for it.

A scream of frustration left her lips.

All she wanted was her mother back, to be happy again.

Alena left her gallery because she got a text from Peter.

Well, she never got to reading it, because her attention turned to the chat she had with her mother.

The last message was unopened.

It was a voice message.

Alena frowned as she pressed the play button.

,,Hey мало света (little light), It's Mama. Just finished training with Clint, I'm almost home"

Natashas voice ran from the phone, cheerful and warm.

Alenas jaw dropped open. Simultaneously a stray tear fell down her face.

,,I heard what happened earlier today with dad, I hope the both of you are okay"

The older redheads voice continued, a hint worry lingering in her voice now.

,,Anyways, I wanted to ask if you wanted anything from the store. I thought we could do a girls night before the big day tomorrow"

Her Mom's voice rambled on.

Alena forgot to breathe. Her breaths became shallow and uneven.

,,Yea, you choose the movie and there should be mac and cheese in the pantry, Yelena left them there for you"

The redheads voice informed.

Alena could hear the chuckle in her voice as she mentioned her Aunt.

She too let out a small laugh, mixed with a sob.

,,Okay, I'll be home in a minute, see you then. Love you, Моя красавица (my beautiful girl)"

The voice message ended.

,,Mama..."

Alena breathed, her voice only a whisper.

,,Я так скучаю по тебе, мама (I miss you so, Mama)"

She sobbed into her pillow. It still smelt like her Mom's perfume.

,,I miss you"

Alena repeated, over and over again.

She wanted her mother back, more than anything.

The 19 year old felt lost, she felt as if she'd never be happy again.

This voice message was everything she had left.

Alena swore to never loose it.

A/N: This one is inspired by a tiktok I saw a few days back and I wrote a POV to it so I thought I'd make a one shot for it.
Also, Ouch. I just watched Loki, the infinity stones as paperweights episode and oh my god, WHY? I could go on about how Nat and Tony and everyone died for FUCKING PAPERWEIGHTS. No, just no.
Anyways, hope you have a great day, see you around and stay amazing <3