Wakey wakey

Age: 3
Word count: 861
Summary: Having a toddler like Alena can be pretty interesting. Especially when said toddler has the engery to power one of Tony's suits by herself.

Alena was bored.

Did she care that it was four in the morning and everyone in the compound was sleeping?

No.

Was she determined to find someone who'd play with her?

Absolutely.

So, the three year old redhead scrambled out of the bed she had at the compound, her tiny feet hitting the ground with a pretty loud thud.

She giggled and grabbed her stuffed bear before sprinting off towards her parents room.

Alena had to stretch pretty high up to even reach the door knob. Once she got hold of it, she let herself hang, pulling the door open.

,,Mama, you awake?"

She whispered in the loudest whisper everyone had ever heard.

Still, Natasha didn't seem to wake up.

The small redhead frowned. She hated being ignored, even when the person ignoring her was merely sleeping.

So, she made it her mission to wake one of her parents up. Preferably her mom.

Alena closed the door, again not quietly but accidentally slamming it shut.

Her tiny hands flew to her mouth to cover it in shock.

,,маленький свет (little light), it's four in the morning"

Natasha finally seemed to wake up, sleepily addressing her child.

,,Mama come play with me"

Alena whispered, her feet hitting the ground loudly as she sprinted over to her parents bed.

When her mom didn't react, she pulled herself into the bed, her legs flailing in the air.

,,Oww, Alena it's the middle of the night"

Natasha let out a stifled groan as her daughter accidentally kicked her in the stomach.

Said daughter chose to ignore her Mom's sleepiness and fell flat onto her.

Nat wrapped her arms around the small child, trapping her in her embrace.

Alena looked at her mom with her big crystal blue eyes which almost seemed to glow in the dark. In reality, the light coming in through the door slot only illuminated them.

,,Mama let's go. I wanna go to the playground"

The 3 year old declared, motivation swinging in her voice.

Natashas lips curled into a smile at her daughters desperate attempt to be quiet.

,,Милая девушка (Sweet girl) it's early. Mama needs to sleep a little longer and you should too"

She still tried explaining to the little redhead in her arms.

Said redhead started squirming and wiggling to get out of her Mom's embrace now.

,,But Mama I'm not tired"

Alena informed innocently, now sitting on her Mom's stomach with her arms stemmed onto her chest.

Natasha let out a sharp breath mixed with a stifled laughter.

,,Okay детский свет (baby light), how about we snuggle for a bit and then we go to the playground. How does that sound"

She tried bargaining, her eyes still closed while she made sure her daughter wouldn't fall.

Alena let out a dramatic sigh before slamming her body down on her Mom's torso.

,,Okay but you have to tell me a сказка на ночь (bedtime story)"

She negotiated, her little arms wrapped around her Mom.

Natasha sighed, softly tracing circles on her child's back.

,,Хорошо, возмутитель спокойствия (Alright, troublemaker)"

She caved, resulting in the 3 year old rolling to the side of her.

Alena wiggled until she was comfortably tucked under her parents blanket, kicking her dad in the process.

Steve let out a low grunt bur didn't seem to bothered by it, since he went right to sleep.

,,Okay so, there once was a little girl with the name ... what do you wanna call her, маленький свет (little light)"

Nat started her story while gently stroking Alenas hair out of her face.

,,Alena"

The 3 year old responded with a giggle.

Natasha let out a stifled laughter before continuing:

,,Okay, a little girl named Alena. And she was bored of living as the princess she was, waiting for a Prince to come save her."

Alena shifted once more, her big, crystal blue eyes now looking at her mom inquiringly and curious.

,,What did she do?"

She asked, adoration and curiosity radiating off of her.

Her mom looked at the innocent child with an adoring smile.

,,She saved herself. She realised she was better on her own and got to live her own adventures"

The older redhead concluded, cupping her daughters cheeks.

,,I love that story"

Alena muttered, again in the loudest whisper anyone had ever heard.

Natasha chuckled, glad to get the kid to calm down for at least another hour.

,,Glad you do, милая девушка (sweet girl)"

She stated before pressing a soft kiss to her daughters forehead.

The little redhead scooted even closer to her Mom, wrapping her tiny arms around her neck.

,,I love you, Mama"

She whispered into Natashas ear, making the older redheads eyes get a little bit wet.

,,I love you too, детский свет (baby light)"

A/N: Do I even have to say how much I love little Alena?!
Have a great day/night and I hope you enjoyed this fluffy, wholesome one :)
See you around and stay amazing, bye <3