Late nights and rooftops

"So this is where you go

"So this is where you go."I sighed walking closer and closer to the figure sitting on the ledge of the roof.

He turned around and I saw the cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
And a camera hung around his neck, with one hand he held the cigarette and with the other he seemed to be looking through the past photos.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just thinking."

I sat down next to him taking in the view, you could see so much from up here.

"I didn't know you  smoke."

" rarely but the habit is starting to come back."

"Here."I held the lighter up to his mouth,covering the flame with my hands.

He blew out the grey smoke and it flew out  into  the air.

He held the camera up to his face towards my direction.

"I thought you would disagree with this."

"As long as it's not an everyday thing,once in a while it's fine You don't have to hide stuff from me."

"What have you smoked before?"

"Yeah a few times ."I laughed.

"Do you want some then."

I took the cigarette.
And inhaled, I exhaled blowing out the smoke into the night air.

He took another picture of me

"Stop with that camera, ever since you got it back you won't stop taking pictures."
I laughed.
"It's for memories, for when we get out of here."

"Do you want to see all the pictures I took."
He moved to sit close to me.

He scrolled to the first one.
It was a a picture of his friend, it seemed like it was there first day there on this one, he had on school uniforms and sat on a skate board .

The next one was from somewhere high it showed a bunch of lasers coming out of the sky, then it was this lake.

The next one was of me, I didn't even notice it at first but most of the pictures had me in it.