Chapter 7 Memorial

No one's POV

The weather had somewhat cleared when the Minerva docked at the main military base at Onogoro port. The crew; after their misadventure, acted ecstatic probably since this was their first shore leave and for some their first visit to any Earthen country.

For Athrun and Cagalli the situation was still very grim; Athrun had been unable to express what had happened, but by now there was little time left to converse on the matter. The reality was that down here on Earth he couldn't call himself former ace pilot Athrun Zala, but instead was recognized as Alex Dino; dog of the military and personal guard to Chief Representative Cagalli Yula Attha. He had no choice but to keep his distance.

Together with Captain Gladyss and the Deputy Captain Arthur they were greeted by some of the ministers from the Orb Union at the docks. Currently, within his room, Nhazul was laying on his bed, not all to pleased about being back in Orb, however it was necessary. The only other person who was just as annoyed from being here was Shinn.

However, Nhazul understood that for most of his friends visiting Earth was like a thrill and an adventure. He knew most of them had never left the PLANTs because of the economic crisis after the war and understood that many of them joined the military mostly because of the steady income and provisions as well as the traveling perk that came with it; you had a bed, a warm meal every day and traveled to places you probably wouldn't be going to on your own.

Despite this, Nhazul may understand it, but it didn't mean that he had to like it. He felt ill being around them too long and perhaps he was mopping a little too, as Lunamaria would call it. He tried to think of the forests, the fresh ocean air and the streets. He tried to think of the house he lived in and wondered if it was still there and if anything still looked like it used to; like his school or the playgrounds. Would he recognize it?

Nhazul: ...

Turning to his desk, Nhazul just looked at the picture of his family and siblings, before sighing annoyed.

(Timeskip)

It was the previous evening that Nhazul received the news with permission for disembarkment. Unlike Shinn who was adamant on not going, Nhazul was still felt hesitant on going. As he laid in his bed, he soon heard someone calling him from outside, as it was Lunamaria.

Lunamaria: Nhazul? Are you there? Nhazul?

Nhazul: ...

Lunamaria: I know you aren't sleep. Open the door.

Sighing, Nhazul proceeded to get up and open the door, being met by Lunamaria.

Nhazul: What?

Lunamaria: Are you still really just sleeping? Everyone's already disembarked.

Nhazul: Your point being?

Lunamaria just gave Nhazul a look.

Lunamaria: Stop moping around and get dressed and go. I already tried convincing Shinn, but he's too stubborn. At least you can be reasoned with.