Chapter 19 Fallen Angel

No one's POV

On the Minerva, Talia receives new orders to assist the allied forces to invest the Archangel and shoot it down. As The details of Operation Angel Down had been relayed to Talia, Nhazul had been summonedto the briefing room.

Talia: Alright, Nhazul. Headquarters has ordered us to participate in an operation code-name Fallen Angel, which began some 10 minutes ago. We are en route to the theater of operations, where the Willard Team is currently engaging the Archangel. Our orders are simple: Assist the Willard Team, and bring that ship down. Given how the Impulse was damaged in the battle against the Destroyer, so you'll be flying solo again.

Nhazul: Right.

Talia: Your job is to keep the Freedom at bay, while we will engage the Archangel ship-to-ship.

Nhazul narrowed his eyes, with an almost satisfied look.

Nhazul: Yes, ma'am.

Getting the opportunity he'd been hoping for. But he planned to do more than simply keep it at bay. He meant to destroy it and it's pilot.

Talia: Be ready for immediate takeoff as soon as we're in range.

Nhazul: Yes, ma'am.

Upon leaving, Nhazul changed into his pilot's suit, grabbing his helmet as he did so. Once he was ready, he moved to the ready room, where Shinn, Rey and Lunamaria were waiting.

Rey: You can do this, Nhazul.

Shinn: Yeah. Take that bastard down.

Nhazul: Yeah.

Lunamaria, looked at Nhazul concerned, feeling the malice he was giving off, but he seemed so sure of himself, despite going against the Freedom alone

Lunamaria, looked at Nhazul concerned, feeling the malice he was giving off, but he seemed so sure of himself, despite going against the Freedom alone. Suddenly, everyone heard Meyrin over the intercom announcing they were going into Condition Red. Hearing this, Nhazul proceeded to make his way to the hanger. As he left, Athrun walked into the room, seeing Nhazul leaving.

Athrun: Nhazul! Wait!

As Athrun called him, Nhazul couldn't hear him as the doors shut behind him. Once he entered the hanger, and Sabre, he proceeded to launch, as Talia began the operation, as they fired off three rounds that streaked across the battlefield and detonated high above and ahead. With the advent of the Neutron Jammer, the only reliable means of detection most vessels had - except for sonar in the case of naval and submersible targets - were thermal or infrared sensors.

As soon as Nhazul shot out, he headed straight for his target. Kira who had been flying in close to the Archangel, and when the missiles came in, was forced to break off to evade or shoot down the ones that came too close. He was about to rejoin it when the attack came from above, as the Sabre streaked in, firing his beam rifle. Freedom dodged the attacks easily, but the Sabre was now positioned between him and the Archangel, as Nhazul narrowed his eyes.