(Finale) Chapter 30 The Final Power

No one's POV

As the final battle against Durandal's fortress, Messiah, was underway, the two moderately damaged flagships of Orb, the Eternal and Archangel, were charging directly for the large space fortress, hoping to finally end the conflict. They were also being closely pursued by the Minerva as well as reinforcements which were launching from Messiah. Elsewhere, the Vengeance, Infinite Justice, Strike Freedom, Destiny and Legend were all engaged in a three-on-two battle.

Athrun: This isn't good!

Athrun exclaims as he blocks a few shots from the Legend's DRAGOONs.

Athrun: We walked right into their trap...! At this rate, Orb will...!

He's unable to finish his sentence as he quickly flies away from a charging Legend.

Nhazul: No shit! We need to take that thing out, and now!

Nhazul said, as he deploys his DRAGOONs and activates his Wings of Sky, The DRAGOONs then open fire on the Destiny.

Shinn, in response, unleashes his Wings Of Light to evade the oncoming fire before blocking Nhazul who fires his dual beam rifles and rail guns at him

Kira: Archangel, please go on! Nhazul and Athrun, as well!

Kira declares, confusing those he addressed.

Kira: The Justice and Vengeances can get through Requiem's shield! We'll deal with the station!

Murrue: But then...! The Eternal will...!

Lacus: Without Orb, there will be no one left to oppose the Destiny Plan! We must protect it at all costs. Please accompany them and deal with Requiem!

???: You can leave it to us!

A voice calls over the communicator as it was Yzak.

Yzak: I'll have our ships guard the Eternal!

Andrew and Dearka: Eh?

Yzak: That ship still belongs to ZAFT! I won't just let it sink!

Dearka: Despite the fact that we're shooting at ZAFT...

Athrun: Right.

Nhazul: Let's go, Luna!

Lunamaria: Right!

As the three and the Archangel leave to take out the Requiem, Rey sees this and narrowed his eyes.

Rey: I won't let you escape! Where's the Minerva?!

Rey ignites the thrusters on his Mobile Suit to give chase to separating force. Unfortunately, the Freedom then sends a Full Burst towards him. Rey sees the attack coming and is able to dodge the volley.

Shinn: Rey! Damn you, Freedom!

Shinn fires a few shots from his beam rifle at Kira, who proceeds to pull up his shield and back off. The Destiny charges at Strike Freedom, preparing to fire its Beam Cannon. Kira then proceeded to enter his SEED mode, as the Destiny fires the weapon, Kira then fires his chest beam cannon and the two red beams clash against each other.