Chapter 8 Blood In The Water

No one's POV

It's been a few days, and multiple events have been taking place during that time. The Earth Alliance claims that ZAFT is responsible for "the drop of Junius Seven incident" and makes an announcement to the world labeling the PLANTs as a threat. At the Alliance's lunar base, preparations for war progress. At the meeting of the Supreme Council of PLANT, the debate becomes tangled. The mainstream opinion was to mobilize the military, but Durandal insists on negotiating for peace. But with the forthcoming attack from the Alliance, the National Defense Commission decides to mobilize ZAFT to protect the PLANTs.

The Earth Alliance declares war to the PLANTs and the fleet moves forward. Yzak and Dearka's ZAKU intercept but they realize they're fighting decoys.

A secret attack fleet of Windams fire their nuclear missiles at PLANTs

A secret attack fleet of Windams fire their nuclear missiles at PLANTs. The ZAFT's battleship, however, intercepts and fires its new weapon, the Neutron Stampeder.The PLANTs were able to survive their utmost crisis.

After which, The Supreme Council of the PLANTs decide to attack the Earth Alliance surrounding Gibraltar and Carpentaria as Durandal states,, that this invasion is not a retaliation but rather the "exercise of an aggressive right of self-defense," and tries to prevent the war from spreading.

At the same time, the Orb government is about to conclude an alliance with the Atlantic Federation. Cagalli insists not to ally with them, but then was asked to "consider the safety of Orb's citizens as a top priority instead of traditions, justice, or a just argument." She had no choice but to back down.

As the Minerva's repairs had been finished, an anonymous warning to the Minerva was sent, warning them off the soon to be alliance between Orb and the Atlantic Federation.
Hearing this, Talia decides to leave Orb and the Minerva departs the following morning. However before their departure. Currently, Nhazul, Lunamaria, Shinn and Rey were walking down the hall, as they prepared to leave.

Shinn: So when does this ZAFT drop take place?

Nhazul: No clue.

Lunamaria: All that's clear is that Orb is now an enemy. And I kinda liked this nation.

Nhazul just rolled his eyes, along with Shinn scoffing, as Lunamaria realized what she said.

Lunamaria: Oh, sorry. This must be hard for you two.

Nhazul: It's whatever...

As the four were walking, they ran into Cagalli, who was being accompanied by her bodyguard. Upon seeing her, Shinn just looked at her annoyed.

Shinn: What are you doing here?!