Chapter 13 Shadows Of War

No one's POV

Several days had gone by, and the Minerva was finally ready to launch. In the hangar, there was quite a commotion, as she was at full combat capacity for the first time in her short but highly eventful life. Meanwhile, with his mobile suit onboard Heine himself formally reported to the ship, greeting Talia on the bridge before heading down to the break room.

Rey: Rey Za Burrel, reporting sir.

Shinn: Ahh, Shinn Asuka.

Heine: Right, the pilots of the white ZAKU and Impulse. I'm Heine Westenfluss, pleased to meet you both.

Heine then saw Nhazul and Lunamaria, and strode over towards them just as Athrun entered and did likewise, with Rey and Shinn also following.

Heine: I must say, the Minerva's a hell of a ship. Way better than a Nazca-class, right?

Heine added, glancing back at Athrun.

Athrun: Yes, well you're right about that

Lunamaria: Were you assigned to a Nazca-class previously, Commander Westenfluss?

Heine: Call me Heine. I'm not a big fan of formal titles. And yes, I was assigned to the Montesquieu previously. After that, I did a brief stint onboard a Lesseps-class before my assignment here.

Nhazul looked over at Athrun.

Nhazul: Commander, is he serious about us calling him...?

Athrun: Commander Westenfluss has seniority over me, Nhazul. So do as he says.

Heine: Call me Heine. I just don't think it's a good idea to build walls of that nature between pilots. I mean, on the battlefield, us ZAFT pilots are all the same, right? Regardless whether we're FAITH or the color of our uniforms. We're nothing like those guys in the Earth Forces who can't seem to fight except in huge groups under orders.

Nhazul: I guess that's true.

Heine: Well there you have it. You really should've had them do that in the first place, Athrun.

Heine said. Athrun nodded, then Heine strode off, Lunamaria, Shinn and Rey following. Athrun hung back, and so did Nhazul.

Athrun: I wish I could be a little more outgoing like that. It's hard for me, though.

Nhazul: Commander.

Athrun smiled at Nhazul.

Athrun: Call me Athrun, okay?

Heine: Hey, what are you doing, Athrun?

Heine hailed from the other side of the room.

Heine: You're supposed to be showing me around, remember?

Athrun: Right! Be right there!

Athrun said, and he and Nhazul walked quickly towards the rest of the group.