Chapter 9 Return To Battle

No one's POV

As the Alliance fleet retreated, the badly-damaged Minerva continued on its course, making for ZAFT's main base on Earth at Carpentaria. Emergency repairs were being made to the hull where necessary, and the two ZAKUs had both been recovered. Other than the damage to the ship, they had lost one mobile suit, and quite a few crew members had been injured.

Within the Hanger, Nhazul just sat within the cockpit of Sabre, holding his head, soon realizing he was bleeding. As he opened the hatch, still not entirely sure what had happened in the past few minutes, hes saw Vino, Yolant, and numerous others waiting for him below, including Rey, Shinn and Lunamaria.

As soon as his feet touched the ground, he was surrounded, receiving accolades from numerous members of the crew before Aves came along and ordered them back to work.As Nhazul made his way out of the hangar, he's followed by Lunamaria and Shinn.

Shinn: What the heck happened out there today?

Lunamaria: Yeah! It's like you turned into some kind of super-ace or something!

Nhazul just held his head, not sure of what happened himself, thinking back to what had happened.

Nhazul: I couldn't tell you if I wanted... With everything going on, I just felt I couldn't just let it end like that. And then...I don't know. I guess it felt like my mind became clear.

Lunamaria: Do you mean, you lost it?

Nhazul: No, not quite like that...it's more like, I knew exactly what I had to do, and I did it. I'm not sure how to explain it.

Shinn: Hmm, weird.

Rey: Regardless, you saved this ship. Thanks to you and Shinn, we're all still alive.

Shinn: I didn't really do much. Nhazul was the one covering me.

Rey: Being alive is a gift - the most precious of all

Rey: Being alive is a gift - the most precious of all. Because it means there's a tomorrow.

Rey then left the three standing there somewhat confused at his words...

Nhazul: ...-_-... Sometimes, I have no idea of what he's saying...

Lunamaria and Shinn: Yeah...

(Timeskip)

It's been a few days, but the Minerva had finally arrived at Carpentaria, beginning repairs from the last battle. Elsewhere on the base, Nhazul and Shinn were heading back to the Minerva when they saw, in the distance,

 Elsewhere on the base, Nhazul and Shinn were heading back to the Minerva when they saw, in the distance,