Tales Of Athera: Sevron

"You're just like your friend: Nothing. A child pretending to be an adult." 

He stirs, head pounding. He looks up, trying to remember where he is, who he is, and why he's here. The world around him is falling apart, chunks of earth and stone floating around a towering creature. His blood floats in the air, slowly twisting it towards the figure on the horizon.  He doesn't remember who this person is, but he knows they're bad. 

"I didn't think you'd wake up!" The figure on the horizon is talking to him. "Unlike your friend over there."

"He's not my friend...he's..." He tries to remember. "My..boyfriend."

"Heh. More like was."  He looks at the body next to him. It was true. His boyfriend's body is cut open, orange pooling around his chest. The image unlocks more within his mind. His home, his old life, his lost humanity.

"Mailok."

"Sevron, you monster." 

"There is still time. You could join me. We can be gods!" Sevron reaches into his mind, finding a sword. His hand tightens around the hilt and pulls the sword from memory to reality. 

"Nah." He points the sword at Mailok. "No gods," he closes his eyes. "Only men." As he opens his eyes, three others open on his forehead. Behind him, two night-black wings unfold. Within them, stars shine, shifting and folding. He jumps, letting gravity pull him to Mailok. He prepares his sword, before throwing it. The chain wrapped around it unfolds, spinning and stretching, pulled to Mailok. It begins to wrap around the massive being. 

"Stop this at once!" Mailok bellows. He moves his fingers, the reality shimmering and changing around both of them. Runes charged up his arm, bursting out of Mailok's arm, aimed at Sevron. Sevron dodges the projectiles, weaving between them. He lands on Mailok's arm, running to his head, still holding the chain. He jumps down off of Mailok's shoulders, spinning the chain around Mailok's neck. He lands on his back and begins to pull. 

"Huunkk. Hgggh!" Mailok chokes. He reaches back, trying to grab Sevron, but Mailok is clumsy, and Sevron deftly dodges his hands. Eventually, the sword slips under the chain. In a sudden moment, the chains unravel, leaving Mailok cut across his body. "Aaaaaarghh!" He roars in pain. Sevron leaps up, hovering just above Mailok. Sevron calls the sword back, slicing its way across Mailok's chest. Sevron takes the sword, and falls. He stabs the sword right into Mailok's back. sliding down onto the ground. Mailok falls, and the world begins to right itself again. "I-I'm..." He groans, shrinking. As the pieces of the world fit back together, Mailok begins to shrink, till he matches Sevron in height and size. Sevron jumps over to him, holding out the sword. 

"Save it for Charon." He brings the sword down into Mailok's head, and begins walking away. He closes his eyes, and his wings fold in. When he opens his eyes, he only has two. He walks away, and his sword begins to disintegrate, just like Mailok's body. 

Tales Of Atheraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें