Tales Of Athera: The Amber Collection-PT.2

+++-----~~~~

It is an eternal autumn afternoon in the library of amber, as always. Tiny mites buzz in the air, not disturbing the stream of people below. Despite how many of them there are, there are only sounds of hooves, feet, tentacles, and all other kinds of personal locomotion. People go from shelf to shelf, staring at the books, pulling them out, and going to find places to read.  It is a grand place, simple yet elegant all the same. Below, two women stand, staring up at The Collection. They hold each other's hands. They are excited, ecstatic. 

"April! April! We're finally here!" The taller one jumps up and down. She has long black hair, reaching her tailbone. She wears a long red skirt and a plain gray shirt. A vest is wrapped around her arms. The woman she holds is just shorter than her, dressed in jeans and a plain white shirt. Over it, an unbuttoned flannel shirt. 

"I know, Lenny! I know!" They both jumped up and down, equally excited. "Look at all the books!" She tries to keep her voice lowered, being in a library. 

"There's so many." Lenny stares at the many shelves in wonder. "No one can read all of these."

"That's true." A smile creeps across April's face. "But we can try."

Lenny laughs, and runs ahead, April in tow.