Hello(Minji)

"Hello" was the only word I could form in my mouth every time I saw her. I can't explain why. My mind is full of thoughts, but my lips could only speak one word.

I go to that one coffee shop every day just so I hope she's there for me to admire that her who always stays at that one spot.

I don't have the courage to talk to her. For so long, my mind had been filled with complications just for me to say hello. How pathetic.

I wanted to express these feelings inside my heart in those ordinary hellos of mine.

"The usual?" asked the barista who always takes my orders. I nod as the guy does the same. "Are you going for it this time?" asked the barista again, who handed the drink.

"I don't know... All I can say to her is hello." The barista nods with a frown. We have had this small relationship between them since the day I came to this coffee shop.

I felt a strong presence behind me that I could almost sense who it was. The barista was smiling, while I remained still and anxious. "Who is it?" I whispered to the guy.

"It's me. Hi, girl who only says hello."

I slowly looked back, confirming it was really her. "Uhhh, hello?"

"See, you only say hello!" the girl chuckled, and I swore my heart skipped a beat. It was really pounding hard because of her talking to me. Then she drags me to her seat. She puts down my coffee.

"Not fair, you know? You only talk to that guy! Why can't you talk to me too?"

My brain was full of thoughts, too many to be exact. What am I going to say in reply? All these words piled up in my mind; I can't seem to handle them all. She was patiently waiting, I was sure of it. She wants me to speak to her, but my mouth is still empty.

"I'm sorry..."

"Why? You did nothing wrong."

I take a deep breath before finally speaking to her my heart: "I'm sorry, I was only saying hello. I was scared that I might do something wrong. I was scared to speak, but I always wanted to."

"You won't make a mistake, and even if you did, I will understand and forgive you." She smiles softly, reassuring me that it's okay.

Gosh, she's really pretty...

"We're humans; we make mistakes."

"No, it's different, and I don't want to hurt you." I shook my head, having a debate about whether I should confess or not.

"Tell me, I won't get hurt no matter what," She swore. She was ready for whatever it was.

"I, Y/n, like this girl who always goes to this coffee shop. She couldn't form any words despite her mind having a lot to say." There, I have finally confessed. This heavy feeling on my chest was lifted, but my heart is still beating fast.

"I, Kim Minji, the girl who always admires the girl who only says hello to her, also likes her back." My nervously beating heart pounded louder. She likes me back? Who would have thought the cute ol' Minji would like her back?

"With all my hellos, how did you fall for me?" The effervescent girl smiled at the question. "Hmm, maybe because I know those ordinary hellos of yours have a deeper meaning," she thinks, putting her hand to her chin. "I'm like a detective; I try to figure out what you mean in those hellos. You're mysterious, which makes me more attracted to you." Both of us had a vivacious smile on our faces, clearly in love with each other.

"So, Y/n, tell me about yourself other than those hellos of yours." Minji gestured a gentle smile that made my heart feel warm. Finally, someone-someone who I can love for the rest of my life, someone I can care about.

It can be minji from dreamcatcher or nwjns. It's up to you.