The Bad Neighbour(Winter)

Warning! This contains foul language.

You've been really annoying lately, which had never happened years before. Are you trying to get my attention? Yeah, you are, but it's pure annoyment.

I knocked on the door, hearing loud electric guitar noises inside. This is what I'm talking about, that loud ass guitar gets on my nerves. Each sleepless night, I always hear you play that guitar.

I knocked again, almost like banging the door. The noise stopped and the door opened revealing a young lady, probably the same age as me. I hate to admit that she's very pretty. For years before, I have never seen her face; always wearing a hat and facemask.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can you keep down the noise? I can hear it very well downstairs." I faked a smile. Deep inside I want to smack that guitar on her. "Oh, really? Well, that's not my problem." She shrugged before slamming the door on me. Speechless, I banged on the door. "Hey! Stop playing! Yah!" I shouted through the door but that loud noise played again.

I groan in frustration. "For fuck sake!" Having no options, I left.

Ever since that day, I have left papers on her door with notes, 'can you please quiet down?' 'I'm going to be deaf of how loud you're playing,' 'omfg shut up,' 'i just want some sleep dud.'

It might be a miracle if even just one day she'd stop playing that guitar. She's the only neighbour I have since I live in a 2-storey building with HER AS MY UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOUR! I'm an adult now who gets barely sleep from work and that fucking asshole keeps playing her damn guitar like she only lives alone! When did the heavenly gods punish me so badly I wanted to be buried in hell!?

There she is again playing that damn guitar, what can she not play? What magical fingers does she have because everyday she plays a different song. Which are all heavy metal! Can she like to play soothing music to calm my nerves because at any minute it will burst.

Even if she's a famous person, who the fuck cares! If you were to have a famous person as your upstairs neighbour who always plays her loud guitar, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. How would you feel? You'd probably be like, "Ohh~ I don't mind, they're famous and I like famous people cuz they're like gods of heaven," in your whiny voice. Well I can't take it anymore!

-

I just lost my job...

I just. Lost. My. Job.

I just. LOST. MY. FUCKING. JOB.

My boss told me that I'm always late. I can't just tell him I couldn't sleep because of my loud upstairs neighbour who keeps playing her guitar. I had to be there and accept it. Well, there goes the hard work of trying to get promoted, just get thrown away because of a loud neighbour. Why do I have to be so unlucky? She had never been so loud before, what the fuck happened?

I got soju in the convenience store before heading home. I straight up jug the whole bottle of alcohol, no other way to ease the pain of getting fired, right? Second bottle and I already feel tipsy. Low alcohol tolerance, how unlucky am I?

I still hear her playing that loud guitar. I clenched the bottle, my fingers turning white. I just can't. I drag my feet as I walk upstairs, the noise getting louder each step I take. I threw the bottle on the door and it opened immediately. "Yah! You know how fucking sick am I of how loud you are!" She looked down, shocked to see broken glass on the floor.

I grabbed her collar and faced her to me, I just noticed I was somewhat taller than her. "I just lost my job because of your guitar. Your fucking guitar!" She looked startled. "Do you know how many sleepless nights I have had?!" I shouted, nothing matters anymore, why should I care? She didn't even care when I tried to be nice to her. "I-I'm sorry... I just want to-"

"You're not fucking sorry! Why can't you just stop playing that guitar! I hate you so much." I burst into tears, I almost fell on the floor but she caught me. I broke down. I haven't been like this, not even once, this was the first time I've broken down.

"Even if you're famous or not, I don't care because you're an asshole who doesn't listen to their neighbour." I cried. She pulls me inside her room and puts me on her couch. My vision was fuzzy because of the tears but I can still see. She sat besides me, sighing. "I admit it, I'm an asshole for being a bad neighbour. I know this sounds pathetic, but I did want to get your attention ever since you showed your face at my doorstep." She chuckles. I feel odd, my head starts to feel dizzy, but I still hold on.

"Yeah, you're right, I am famous. Kim Minjeong a.k.a Winter. Look, I'm sorry you lost your job. I could've had other ways to get your attention. Ugh, what have I done...?"

"I hate you, Kim Minjeong, but you're really pretty." I said, smiling at her, before all I saw was black.

I woke up in my room, laying down on my couch. This hangover is going to kill me. I sat up, slowly making my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. "God. What did I do last night?" I held my head as I drank the water. Then, it hit me. I just shouted at my neighbour! I spit out the water. I rushed to go upstairs, almost falling face first. This time it was quiet. I knocked on the door revealing her again.

"Look, whatever happened last night, I'm sorry! I'm sorry for shouting." I bowed as low as I could. I already lost my job, I can't afford to lose a home. She chuckles, "no worries, it's clearly my fault for being a bad neighbour."

I looked up to her. And I noticed her face. Has she ever been this pretty before? I didn't know I was quite staring when she spoke, "is there something on my face?" I snapped back.

I ran downstairs to my room and closing the door, producing a loud *thud* My back is still glued to the door. My face was burning to the point where it reached my ears.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Just who are you, Kim Minjeong?