The Garden Who Grew(Jinsoul x Yves)

Fallen leaves, growing roots, beautiful blooms,

And blood.

Hanahaki disease was something you wouldn't want to have. No scientist can explain how it existed in the first place, but some theories tell why we can get it. Theory 1, is a punishment for being in love. Theory 2, having an unrequited love, where the person in love suffers.

Theory 2 was probably the most accurate. Some people get it, some don't, and many wished they'll be the lucky ones to not suffer from it. Jinsol will be the least for you to expect to suffer from it. An academic achiever, whose life only surrounds school would get the hanahaki disease? Sounds unrealistic.

Cough.

Blood spills from her mouth and blood-stained petals fall on her hands. "I hate this so much." She clenches her hands and tears drop down her glistening eyes. For how long does she have to suffer until she dies? If the person she loved would eventually return the favour will this disease go? She doesn't care anymore what happens, all she wants is for the suffering to come to an end.

"Jinsol, darling! Let's go now," a shout from her mother. A knock on the door, till, Jinsol didn't budge. Her mother opened the revealing a tired Jinsol-bloodshot eyes, blood on her mouth, and clenched fist dripping with blood. Shocked, her mother rushed to her, "Jinsol! Oh my god, what happened?!" Her mother took her numbing hands and opened them revealing bloody lilac petals.

"Hanahaki disease..."

"Mom... I'm so sorry."

Her mother couldn't bear seeing her daughter like this. Her mother hugged her tightly, and she couldn't stop her tears, 'Not you too' she thought. Jinsol broke down, after trying to be strong, it wasn't enough. "Mom, please, I don't want to go."

"I know. And I'm here to help." This same scenario was very familiar to her mother. She too had suffered from the same disease. A curse, which modern medicine can cure, but for a cost-the surgery will remove the garden and so is the love for the said person. "Jinsol, tell me who it is."

Jinsol was silent, she didn't want the person she loves to know and feel burdened by her unrequited love for Jinsol. "Jinsol, please." She couldn't breathe, it felt so heavy. "Talk to me, please, darling." Her mother's voice cracked, and Jinsol bit her lip feeling guilty. "I don't want to lose you, Jinsol."

There wasn't anything she can do to make it stop it? She'd rather die keeping the memories of her love for this person, than live and have them erased.

She thought of something, it may not be the best, but it was better than nothing.

Jinsol let go of her mother's grip and looked into her eyes with a firm look.

Mom, please forgive me.

And then she ran, as fast as she could. She ignored those calls from her dear mother. No time should be wasted, she thought. Regardless of how far she was going, she wasn't planning on stopping. "Sooyoung ah! Please wait for me!" A sting on her chest as she felt roots tighten on her ribs.

As she still kept on running, slowly her feet were numbing and breathing became the hardest thing to achieve, but did this make her stop? No. And when finally saw the beautiful garden, she thought that this was it, the last moment she'll have in life. (maybe)

As she stops right in front of the house, she pants-coughing with bloody petals coming out of her mouth. Her heart beat loudly. "Sooyoung! Come out please!" She shouted, as blood also came running through her nose. Sooyoung eventually came outside, and when she saw how Jinsol was, she was horrified.

"Jinsol! What happened?" She runs to the said girl and gently rubs her back as Jinsol coughs more. Jinsol felt her head become light, was it from the blood loss or was it because her love was beside her? Death didn't matter anymore because her love was with her right now. All she wants before she dies is to see Sooyoung's smile.

"You have the hanahaki?" She asked, her voice filled with concern. Jinsol merely nodded, having nothing to say. Sooyoung wiped the side of her mouth and Jinsol swore she might also die of her heart bursting. "Don't you want to have surgery?"

How will she answer this question? She didn't want to tell and make Sooyoung feel burdened because of her unrequited love and at the same time she didn't want to waste time.

I don't want to forget you, my love.

"You don't want to forget me?"

Huh?

Jinsol felt like she was going to fade now. "Am I the reason why you have the hanahaki?" Sooyoung held onto her, with tears in her eyes. Did Jinsol just speak out loud? She didn't notice, maybe because it was her nearing death that it didn't matter anymore. "I just want to say before I die that I'm sorry that I loved you, Sooyoungie." Jinsol smiled before she closed her eyes.

Odd...

It felt so light, so loose, so free as if there wasn't this heavyweight anymore. She opened her eyes seeing Sooyoung kiss her with her eyes closed and tears flowing down. Her heart banged loudly. But what questions her the most is when she felt she could breathe perfectly fine...

like the garden inside her finally collapsed.