Chapter 2

Loki’s P.O.V.

Having your mind controlled is not fun. Remembering everything that happened while you were under the influence of mind control is even worse. Murdering people while having your mind controlled and having morals is heartbreaking. Having no one believe you when you insist that you were under mind control is the worst possible thing that could happen to a god. But, alas, that is what happened to me. That is why I found myself standing outside of a very large tower in Midgard.

“Let’s go, Loki.” Thor said gruffly, tugging my arm forward. I followed him silently and blinked at the glaring lights inside the tower. I was led to a metal elevator, and we stepped out on a floor that appeared to be a living space. I looked at my feet while the Avengers talked with Thor, probably about me. I only looked up when I saw a small boy run into the room.

“Hi, Mr. Stark! I’m back!” The child said loudly.

“Please, be careful Peter. Loki is a dangerous villain. Why aren’t you in your suit?” Stark scolded the boy. I looked at him and tried to determine if he was a threat.

“You are doing it again. Stop it. The boy will do you no harm.” Thor said, yanking my arm down, causing me to trip. I glared at him and attempted to righten myself.

“Isn’t that mean?” Peter asked, frowning at my brother.

“Spider-child. This is a criminal. He did thousands of times worse to those he brutally murdered. He has no feelings or emotions, as he has proven multiple times.” My oaf of a brother said. I looked down at my feet and started to ignore the rest of the conversation. I stumbled again when Thor started to pull me forward.

“Mr. Thor! Stop! You will hurt him!” The child scolded. Thor stopped suddenly and I ran into him with a small oof.

“I will only tell you this once because I like you,” Thor said darkly. “I was told to treat him as what he is. And that is a murderer. Have you already forgotten your parents who were killed in his attack?” I looked up at the child, alarmed.

“He said he was brainwashed. Doesn’t that mean he didn’t mean it? How many people have the Avengers killed and not had to pay the price for?” He responded with a glare. “And I don’t trust him, but I feel like he deserves a second chance.”

“Pfft. Come Loki. We shall now go to your cell.” Thor grumbled, yanking me along. I nodded at Peter as I passed him, and flinched at the look from the man of iron. “You will leave the spider-child alone, you hear?” Thor told me as we went up an elevator.

“Yes, brother. What if he tries to talk to me?” I asked, wanting to learn my limits.

“You will ignore him, or give him the shortest answer possible. You are to use absolutely no magic, and I have Father’s permission to smite you into the next millennia if you so much as breathe wrong. So I would watch yourself.” He warned me. We arrived at a cell similar to the one the hulk stays in. I sighed in defeat and sat down on the bed.

“What do I do with myself?” I asked Thor. “Mother gave me books. I see no books. Mother came down to talk to me. I see no way to talk to people other than that camera. Mother fed me. Will I be fed?”

“Yes. We aren’t going to starve you, and you earn the books and the conversation.” Thor explained with an eye roll. “And we aren’t mother.”

“I figured that out the minute you nearly killed me,” I grumbled quietly. Thor chose to ignore me and left me alone. I watched him leave with a disappointed sigh. He never even realized that my eyes still had blue in them. I could feel Thanos in my mind, calling me back. I re-established my shields and decided sleep was a safe option.

Peter’s P.O.V.

I stared at the sleeping god in front of me and tried to decide what was going on in his head. I know that no one else noticed the hints of blue in his eyes. I pulled up the picture of Clint when he was under mind control. His bright blue eyes stared back at me. “JARVIS. Could you please make note that Mr. Loki’s eyes have blue and notify Mr. Stark of this?” I asked the A.I.

“Of course Mr. Parker.” It responded. “Mr. Stark wants to warn you against spending time with Loki for it is dangerous."

"But he is sleeping. In a hulk cell. Tell me, where is the danger?" I demanded.

"I can use magic through walls." Loki growled at me. I looked at him, startled.
"Yeah, well, those cuffs will stop magic. I helped design them and tested them on Thor. I know they work." I responded angrily.

"Ha! My brother has about as much magic as a mere mortal. They appear to work some, but I can still do some magic. I swear, however, that this is not my intent as I wish to have freedom eventually." The god said with a huff.

"Wait, you can still use magic but you aren't?" I whisper-yelled.

"Please, small child. You would know if I didn't have magic as he would be controlling me again." Loki said, looking at his feet.

"Peter! What are you doing down here?" Mr. Stark yelled, running down the hallway.

"I was just looking. He started by sleeping. But look. His eyes have blue. Like Mr. Barton's when he was mind controlled." I explained.

"I don't know how to fix that." Mr. Stark said. I thought carefully. I guess I knew a secret of Aubri's that she didn't know I knew.

"Can he go to school with me? I can watch him and I have a friend who might know how to fix this problem." I said confidently.