Chapter 13

Aubri's P.O.V

I ran into the girls bathroom holding Loki's ripped sweater. I closed the stall behind me and stared at it. No, I was not going to lick it. That would be weird. I didn't really know what I was thinking when I grabbed it. I carefully used magic to clean it and walked back into the hallway. Loki was talking to the study hall teacher intently with a frown.

"Sorry Miss Hibma. He was worried about me. I was struggling and he followed me out here… I don't really want to talk about it." I mumbled the last part.

"Oh, that's okay. Thank you, Loki. Now, you have five minutes to compose yourself before you get in trouble." Mrs. Hibma said walking back into the library.

"What was that all about?" Loki asked. I stared at my converse quietly.

"Nothing. Life can't be freaking normal for one day." I muttered. "Let's go back in." I said louder. I drug Loki back into the library and flopped down at my spot. I went to pull out my meth… I mean math when I realized there was a brand spanking new sketchbook in my spot. I looked at Loki with wide eyes. He nodded and I hugged him. He patted my head awkwardly and laughed when I released him.

"If I had known that all I needed to earn your trust was to get you a sketchbook, I would have as soon as I dreamed of you." He whispered. "Wait, that sounded weird."

"Oh please. You have magic. You saw me coming a mile away." I giggled.

"So do you. You drew my mother without me telling you what she looks like." He said seriously.

"It's still art. It's not magic." I said with a mock glare.

"That is a lie! There is no possible way!" He said with mock surprise. We both laughed but were quickly silenced by a glare from Mrs. Hibma.

"What are you doing after school?" I asked Loki. He looked down at his book with a sad sigh.

"I get to go back to my lovely cell. They now use it as a safety precaution in case I get depressed again and try to murder everyone." He murmured.

"What! No freaking way! They can't just shove you in a cell and expect you to get better! Who gave this order? I will smite them!" I whisper-yelled, slamming my hand on the table. Everyone stared at me for a second and went back to work.

"It's alright. I did technically invade Midgard. I will do whatever it takes to gain their trust." He said soothingly. I opened my mouth to argue but the bell rang.

I waved goodbye to Loki and Peter and headed to my next class. The rest of the day passed with no incident. Decathlon practice was canceled because Liz was sick. I met MJ and Peter on the steps and looked for Loki.

"He's over there. He didn't like MJ." Peter said with an angry huff. I looked at him carefully.

"He's had a long day, be understanding." I said quietly. Peter just shrugged. I shook my head and walked over to the fence where Loki was watching people angrily. "You know, maybe we shouldn't piss off the person who you need to ride home with. It'll make the ride home annoying." I said, grabbing some of the higher rings in the fence and hanging on them.

"Oh please. What do you know about annoying? Annoying is listening to all the fucking voices in your head because you don't know the spell to shut them up. Annoying is older brothers who force you to hang out with their friends who hate you. Annoying is thinking you have a friend but the minute you let your gaurd down, they fucking lie to you!" Loki said, slamming a fist into the fence. I looked at him completely shocked.

"Loki, did Peter say something?" I asked, already planning the ways I would torture him, but no killing. That's not allowed.

"No. The spider-child is my friend, which is more than I can say about you. He doesn't have to lie to me to keep me interested in him. He doesn't play with my emotions like you seem to enjoy doing. You should learn your place, girl." Loki said, looking away as his voice cracked with all of his emotions.

"I understand. Women are to be seen, not heard. I'm only a mere mortal. I shouldn't be wasting your time, should I? Or do you like to be worshiped? I know a person who can worship you properly, Mr. High and Mighty God." I said with a quiet snarl. I turned around and started stalking away.

"What happened Aubri? Why are you crying?" Ned asked me, looking up from his phone.

"Nothing Ned. Don't let Peter murder Loki." I said, pushing past him and walking down the road. I ran to Wade's apartment.

It was empty. Wade must've taken the mission. I looked around and decided to go looking for the vampire hunters. The only problem was they might only come out at night. I grabbed one of Wade's old suits and started to make my own suit with magic. By the time I had finished, it was nearly dark. I jumped out the window and teleported to Forest Park to hide. I sat there for a hot minute and got very bored.

"Hey, Stop!" A man yelled. I watched a masked man run with the first dude's briefcase. I sprinted from my hiding spot and ran face first into Peter, or I should say, Spider-Man.

"Sorry. So sorry. Umm, we're you going for him?" He said quickly, helping me up.

"Yeah, I guess. But, you can have him." I said, making my voice sound different than normal.

"Hello? Are you going to help me Spider-Man?" The first guy yelled at us.

"Yeah, sorry sir!" Peter yelled, webbing up the robber who had stopped to watch us. He left a lovely note for the cops and looked at me.

"Are you sure you are okay? Should you really be cosplaying a superhero? It isn't for normal people to go out and do." He said, stepping towards me.

"Please, I can take care of myself. This was my area until you showed up pajamas." I muttered, crossing my arms. I bristled when he got closer again.

"You can't function out here without powers. I'm sorry, but you have to come with me." He said, reaching out to grab me. I reacted without thinking and punched him in the face. He went flying back and landed in a tree with a thud.

"Owww. That hurt. I lied, you do have powers, but why would you attack the good guy?" Peter said with a groan. He went to web me up, but I teleported out of the way. I summoned a dagger and sunk it into Peter's suit. I knew I missed him and successfully tied him to the tree when he started to call for Tony.

"Thor will be there shortly. Stay where you are." I heard Tony say. I turned and ran, but made it four steps before I ran into a wall of muscle.

"Hello there small Midgardian. I am Thor and you are causing a lot of Chaos." He said sternly.

"Fun. I don't care." I said quietly and lashed out with pure magic, stunning Thor temporarily. I teleported back to Wade's apartment and passed out before I was in bed.